Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 9: Play Your Holiday Tunes LOUD!

Posted by   + Show Post

We love looking for ways to build key skills through play-and music play is no exception! One way to keep the magic alive throughout your holiday season is to enjoy your favorite holiday music together as a family! Play it in the car or at home for some good old-fashioned "dance party" fun. Print out the lyrics the whole family sings along together. This always puts everyone in the holiday spirit!

singing

What song did your family dance and sing to today?

(P.S. Here are some musical instrument ideas to accompany your creative play!) 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
MamaToCollin
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I'm always singing to my baby.  He likes hearing ABC's

rkkeller13
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
We already do this! And we have been blasting Christmas music since the 1st. Our favorite is Jiggle Bell Rock!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Both of my kids (ds 3 dd 5) love music they love singing and dancing my dd even wants to be a dancer when she grows up. My son walks around the house singing frosty the snowman and jingle bells. The other day my daughter was singing santa claus is coming to town I didnt even know she knew the words. I love listening to christmas music it gets me in the holiday spirit especially when it doesnt feel like december. Like how its been in the 60s for the last 4 days or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi_val
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Dominick the donkey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michaelamarie84
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

When decorating the tree we played Hanson's Christmas album (yes...Hanson). He enjoyed it!

amyand4
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Rocking around the Christmas tree
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

My daughter loves to sing and I also sing with her sometimes 

ARPsMom
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM
My all time favorite Christmas cd has to be The Chipmunks one. I pulled it out last week and we have been listening to it.
Junebugsmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM
We love playing music in our household. This morning to wake my 7yr old up for school I blasted christmas songs :0) That has been working like a charm...hehe...but I had to play Thriller for him because he's still kinda stuck on Halloween...lol This kid has moves :0)
AmieLynnO
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Our family danced and sang to "Jingle Bell Rock" today.  We really like to listen to holiday music together!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN