Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 9: Play Your Holiday Tunes LOUD!

Posted by   + Show Post

We love looking for ways to build key skills through play-and music play is no exception! One way to keep the magic alive throughout your holiday season is to enjoy your favorite holiday music together as a family! Play it in the car or at home for some good old-fashioned "dance party" fun. Print out the lyrics the whole family sings along together. This always puts everyone in the holiday spirit!

singing

What song did your family dance and sing to today?

(P.S. Here are some musical instrument ideas to accompany your creative play!) 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Replies (71-80):
MargauxG
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM

As soon as we start the car my LO's beg for me to turn on the Christmas music! They just love it in the car, and it keeps them good while we drive! :)

NannyElin
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

we went to a christmas party tonight and DD danced and sang along to all the christmas songs

bergencounty
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM

ripemango
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

we're kinda fruity around here :)))

most mornings we sing Edelweiss and the good mornin' song from Singing in the Rain.

we danced Gangnam style tonight bc well DD loves the horsey dance.

anytime we bake christmas cookies I play the music from the nutcracker....i've been doing that since way b4 nugget was born.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:46 AM

i cant even remember them all. we are always dancing around the house

Mickeyes143
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I made up a song for my son not long after he was born. I sing it just about everyday and he dances around and "sings" with me every time. He is 2 now. :)

mommy2kaelynn
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM

We played (and sang along with)  Christms music ALL day today - while we worked on school, while we were playing, on the way to after school activities, we had a blast!!!

babid14
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:14 AM
We didnt do christmas movie my daughter likes all music bu we havnt gottin any yet. She loves to dance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooNFaeRie30
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:20 AM

my 6 year old love Big White Cadillac by Little Joey Farr and my 4 year old retty much likes them all lol

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM

That one is easy!  We love music!  I love to rock out the Christmas music!  Every morning, I wake the girls up with this song:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN