Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Lizzys_mommy13
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

We just did this! We donated a TON of toys and some clothes. :) 

aniths
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

We haven't donate anything yet!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

We haven't yet but the kids and I plan on going through their toy bins soon.

othermom
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

They have donated some of their stuffed animals, my son his gi joes.

Bookwormy
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM
We gave toys & clothes to a child who experienced an emergency placement w/my partner's co-worker.

We also put many things in storage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM
We purged our clothes and toys last week. I had 8 trash bags and 2 huge boxes full.

We also played Santa to a few angles we know. Instead of picking kids off the tree, we adopted a single dad and his 3 kids. Got each kid 3 outfits, diapers and wipes. Threw in a gift card for dad. Then dropped them off and ran. Dad told me about it the next day and it took everything in me not to cry because he was so grateful. My sis heard what we did and went shopping for the same family because the need is so great. I get to deliver it in 2 weeks. Christmas Miracles happen, some are assisted by others on Earth.
inmybizz
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We do Angle Tree.. My daughter also donated several toys to the toy drive at school..As well as donated coats for the coat drive at school.. We donate quite a bit. 

Angelanscalf89
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Weve donated toys before but my kids dont really understand the concept yet but were working on it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eevers55
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

DD is still a little young to understand even possesion of toys really. But we went through and took out all her infant toys and a few others she never plays with to make room for all the toys I'm sure our families will get her.

eevers55
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

But donation will definitely be a HUGE part of DD's life. I mean, DH and I met while serving in AmeriCorps, and got to know each other better doing a Habitat build for fun. I am definitely a person who feels better with less clutter, so I am constantly going through my own things to donate, and through the pantry for canned goods for the food pantry, so we're hoping DD will pick up on that and learn to give as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)