Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Same here

Quoting Michaelamarie84:

My son's a little young to understand this. But we will be donating some of his toys to Goodwill. He has too many toys and they're in great shape.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

We donate the toys they outgrow to my job at the YMCA. The kids in afterschool care appreciate the new playthings and I get joy out of seeing them happy.

MamaToCollin
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I just did this with a few things he doesn't notice much anymore now tha he's mobile.

hismrsramirez86
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

This is a must do that is long over due for us LOL she even has a little box with small toys she put in there herself and told me those she was giving away

jenniferlee_12
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

My son is too little to understand this. We are still working on getting him to understand.

suesilvers
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Just did this over the wekend! Man, does my basement look clean now!

NannyElin
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

we gave a big bucket full of stuffed animals and other odds and ends to the good will. We also went through baby toys and gave a baby doll, and a few other toys to a friends baby

AmieLynnO
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

My daughter chose to donate a couple of old games and a few stuffed toys.  We also purchased some Memory games at the toy store, when they were on sale, to donate for children for the holidays.

Thank You for this fun Creative Play Every Day Challenge series! 

Amie Olson

hypnautica
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
We will be going through everything in the spring.
mistync
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM
This... except we donated a ton of dolls, stuffed animals, dress up clothes, clothes that were too small. Her alligator golf set that she hadn't ever played with,a keyboard that she never played with etc.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I do this before every Birthday and Christmas.

This year, the boys donated all but 1 each of their RC cars, their RC Ironman, some Thomas the Train stuff (track sets and 3 engines), GEO Trax, Trio Blocks, some of those Hotwheels playsets, and a bunch of clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)