Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
MZ.B777
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

My DD is a teenager so, she does'nt do toys any more but, in the past we have donated a lot of toys, baby stuff, clothing and furniture. We are always willing to donate our old but still in good shape stuff because you never know one day we may be in need of help ourself.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM

We have been building a huge bucket full of toys both of my kids are donating to get ready for all the new ones coming in.

cowgirls10181
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM
We do that every year! It was completed back in November so others have time to shop resale stores for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amber_jean101
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

We do this every year around this time! My kids actually enjoy doing it. The first time we did it they were a little upset so I told them that we would only give the things we do not play with anymore and that there are alot of kids that do not get or have toys because there parents cant afford them and after that they have always liked to do it. We calling it sharing with the kids that need toys I told them its almost like being a secret santa and they loved that idea!

cemcnair
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Since DS is very little, I do the choosing right now. We send toys to his daycare regularly.
lillucky8
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM
We will be doing this shortly. We donate our toys to our friends who have a little girl that is a year younger than my dd :)
ahawkins
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM
We will be doing this today after school :)
NanaKatF
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

We will be donating some stuffed animals and dolls as well as hot wheels and action figures.

lasombrs
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM

We donated a brand new toy story memory game, and a few of ds ride on toys this week. He didnt fully understand but hopefully he will with time

Junesmommy18
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
One of her Repunzel Dolls, 3 barbies and a princess crown
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)