Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
got3boyz
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM

This is definately on our to do list.  They have a lot of stuffed animals especially that need gone through.

1hotmama87
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

We give things to the goodwill year round. We are also going to to the giving tree at school.

by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

We donate toys to Toys for Tots. We haven't bought any items yet but that's what we'll be doing this weekend. I have 3 kids and they will each get to pick out one item at the store to donate to child who is their age. 

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

We actually done this a few weeks ago.  We do this before birthdays and Christmas.  They got rid of a bunch of stuffed animals and some "toddler toys."  We took some to the Pre-K at their school and others to a thrift store.  

NeKisha
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We have set aside several large trucks, walking/talking dinosaurs, and a fairly new train because I am trying to teach the children that it is plain greedy to have so many toys when so many have none.  I will go over this again with them from the perspective of what charity to give them to.  I wish I knew of one that took toys in like new condition to give to children, rather than to sell.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM

We will donate Little People, we have lots of those that the kids don't use anymore!

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM

My dd will be giving a gift to Angel Tree this weekend. She  chose the child who she wanted to get a gift for.

ashleywagoner
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM
We did.the operation christmas child :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeCY
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Every year we have our daughter pick out a few things to buy and then donate.  We haven't done it this year yet but last year she picked a nailpolish kit, a soccer ball, some board games, and a Barbie.  

We are in the process of moving right now so most of her things are boxed up, we will however be picking out some to donate when we unpack.  

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM

DD is still a little young to get the concept of that kinda thing but we do St Jude and Ronald Mcdonalds House we just some Toys for the kids over to The Ronald Mcdonalds house yesterday and stayed and played for a few hours

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)