Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (61-70):
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM
We are giving gifts to a student at my daughters school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Some books, a couple of dolls, and a whole box of blocks.

chattycassie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM

We clean closets for b-days and christmas and other times during the year. My girls and I always give to Shanti it's a group that helps support HIV and AIDS patients. With my sister having HIV this is a close charity to our hearts. We used to give to the battered womens shelter until they refused out barbies. :)

SassyLeigh
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM
We always give to Goodwill all year long. But this Xmas we were liking for 'Angels' to adopt. A couple kids that so not have money for Xmas and have the kids help out picking the gifts, wrapping and donating them!
AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

This was really nice to do with DD today.  We donated all of her old barbie stuff.  So 2 house, about 40 barbies, TONS of barbie clothes and accessories.  2 barbie cars, and also donated some of her old personal clothes and shoes.  It was a great day.

larschick
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM
We r going to go through them this weekend. Ds's head start is doing a toy drive.
hlzcmjzajz
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM
We just took a box of toys to the Salvation Army today, my ds gave his Chuck the Talking Tonka Truck toy & some other trucks that he doesn't really play with anymore :)
We're planning on going through more toys next week too!
mommyto3bees
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Oh slot!!! And clothes..they got rid fo tons of toys and stuffed animals

OurFunnyFarm
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM
We did this!!! My daughter gave 10 porcelain dolls and youngest gave all kinds only kept his special ones, to the DV shelter!!!
nova.mommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM

We do Toys for Tots.  And we give to either a local church or to a home for battered women and their children all the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)