Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (81-90):
WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM

We went throught the kids' rooms last week.  The toys that the kids no longer play with are going to be donated to Amvets, and the clothing that my kids out grew is going to be donated to the local Boy Scout's clothing drive.  All donations are sent to homeless shelters in throughout the area.  I also found and unopened toy in the back of my closet that I forgot I hid there. I purchased it for a relatives baby last year and forgot about it. I took it, along with some canned goods to dd's school for the schools "Good Neighbors" food and toy drive.  All the food, hygene supplys, and toys that are donated will be given to needy families in my town.

Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Oh we just donated lots of things including clothes!

mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM
We did this when we moved. We gave away a lot of toys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KITTYCAT1
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM
We go through all of the kids toys every 2-3 months. The items we gave away recently were: a huge zhu zhu pet collection, Disney princess games, a brand new easy bake oven and some miscellaneous small toys. My kids love giving away what they no longer use.
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM
We just did this a few weeks ago. We donated a ton. We also got gifts to donate. Just have not decided where to do so yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shishie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:41 AM

His elmo and cookie monster

MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:28 AM

i do this at christmas every year and was going to do this with the girls this weekend. my 6 year old is all about giving things to the needy this year. yesterday i had to stop her from filling her backack with all the non perishables in the house to bring to school for the giving tree lol

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM

We donate to a local school. She sleaned out her closet  of gently used, still nice clothes, and her bicycle that is now too small.

kaves
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I talked to my son about this and he struggled with the idea of giving some of his toys away. At first he was all for it suggesting some of his most favorite toys. I explained to him that we would be giving those toys away forever and he quickly changed his mind saying that the kids couldn't take his toys away and that he would hide them in the closet and lock the closet door. Haha I think until he gets a bit older we might have to be slightly less personal and maybe have him pick out a toy at the store to give to another child. We'll have to work on the giving idea more so it's not so uncomfortable to him!
mommyyoga
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

We went through his toys to "donate" to the new baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)