Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM
  • 7 Replies
Should I feel bad ? on top of working Thanksgiving 6am-2:30pm, me and my sister had a big disagreement a few months back and r not talking. I understand the rest of my family will b there but usually everything is about her. My other sister will b taking my kids over earlier in the day. My bf wud like me home 2 spend it w him. He has decided not 2 go 2 his parents an hr away cause I work. He is also not comfortable around my sister at this time. So should I feel bad if I do,not go ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
3dragonflies
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:57 AM

You have to do what is best for you.  If you know there will be tension then why put yourself in that situation?  You are suppose to enjoy the holidays not regret them, maybe you need the time away this year.  Best of luck to you in your decision :)  Happy Thanksgiving!

hardworker694
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:03 AM
Thank you, I think that is what I'll do. Relax at home. have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving 2 u and ur family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM

You shouldn't feel bad. You need to do what is comfortable for you, people will get over it.

mmeredith
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM

'Don't feel bad at all. Stay home with your family and spend time with them. This is our 1st year without going to my uncles for thanksgiving or christmas. But I'm so glad we're not. I work from 6pm tonight until 6am thanksgiving morning so dh will be cooking our thanksgiving while I nap.

Robbins3188
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I would go, because disagreement or not, they are family and thats what the holidays are all about! but  tell your bf he is more than welcome to come along and if he doesnt want to then leave a little earlier than usual to come back and spend time with him as well!

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM

if you want to go, then go, don't let him guilt you into staying behind, its his problem not yours

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

That's really something only you know. I'd say don't go if it's going to be uncomfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)