Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hi, ladies. I need a place to vent for a moment. I am 21 and my brother is almost 23. He has never had a job, had his own apartment or basically done ANYTHING for himself. He has been moving around from family member to family member since he graduated high school, and he stays with them until they get fed up and kick him out. Seriously, he burns bridges. With the exception of our father, every person he has lived with has cut off contact with him. Well, my major problem is a really big one. I know it sounds cocky, but he has always tried to "best" me. So of course, after I told him I was pregnant, he found a new girlfriend and before we knew it, she was pregnant. They started dating when I was just a few months into my pregnancy, and now she's due in March. They live in her cousin's house and neither of them have a job. My brother is hard-of-hearing, so he gets financial assistance from the state, but still. It's only like $600/month for 3 people?! My boyfriend and I offered to move them up to the city to an apt complex well within their budget, and we even offered to pay their first month's rent, but they refused to take it because they were too lazy to mail us the applications. I don't know what to do. I don't understand how they could have thought it was a good idea to do this. It wasn't even accidental, they were TRYING to get pregnant knowing their situation! I'm so worried for their baby. Everybody keeps telling me that my brother will step up after he sees the baby, but I'm not sure he will. I'm trying so hard to have faith, but nothing he has ever done shows me that he's ready for this commitment! they keep expecting everybody to handle things for them, i.e, buy a carseat, buy their diapers, etc, but I can't afford that either, since I just had my baby in Sept.

I guess there isn't much I really can do, since she's already pregnant. It's not like they are just discussing it and I can convince them not to even try. *SIGH*. Has anybody else had to deal with a situation like this?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Replies (11-13):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Sorry I know this is sad, but all you can do is offer support when needed and opions!

signingmama2915
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I have a friend that is sort of like this, but it was they had one and were struggling and then got pregnant with the second. Now he works for family buisness and does nothing while others bust thier asses and do his job for him. His parents buy all the kids clothes, food and diapers. Its sad, but some poeple never have to live life for themselves.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hugs...hope things work out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN