Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how do you tell a friend you let stay with you , tell them they have to move out

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you break it down to a so called friend that you tried to help out by staying in your home knowing that you have to constantly tell them things they should know because they are grown, the sad part is that she has two children but she has done so much in my apartment that has disrespected my home I'm going to have no choice but to let her go. She has a job and she could have been left but I don't know what is the hold up. I am very outspoken and sometimes what I say can come out wrong because it is very frustrating knowing I have two of my own and I have another on the way, she takes me for granted because I am nice but I lashed out already at her and I feel the next time its not going to be to pretty.

"How can I put it without sounding snotty towards her "

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Be honest and just tell her how you feel. If she can't handle that then she is no good friend. Tell her she needs to go.

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM
You have to move.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cher53
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I think as her friend you have gone beyond and above, if she is on your nerves, disrespecting your house and the like then it is definitely time for her to go. You tried to help her, now let her help herself..

AYISHA1022
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Thank you Natoyas this is the advice I was looking for because I didn't not want to be ignorant and come at her wrong , before I get upset I wanted to let her know where I was coming from and if she doesn't understand then she has to go.

AYISHA1022
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Thank you cher53 and MistressMinerva I really appreciate it I have tried all I can do as a friend but she does not know what that is its too much and I gotta let it go so my house can be back in order.

Eve-marie
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Give her a deadline, then get the authorities in on it if she hasn't left by then. Put your 'ultimatum' in writing.

Cher53
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quoting AYISHA1022:

Thank you cher53 and MistressMinerva I really appreciate it I have tried all I can do as a friend but she does not know what that is its too much and I gotta let it go so my house can be back in order.

Your welcome!

hippiechik3
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Ask BF to take the blame. Tell her, her staying there is causing you an him problems. Which sounds like its not far from the truth.

Quoting AYISHA1022:

she is not giving funds on time and its causing too much unneeded stress in my home where my children should be getting things but its being put on bills when before they moved in me and my boyfriend didmn't have to worry about so much on bills

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Id just tell her to get her shit and get the fuck out. Dh had roommates (just happened to be my brother and future sil). They both had good full time jobs, but paid nothing. Dh only asked them to pay half the utilities and 1/3 the rent. Now sil kept the heat at like 85* (no joke, it was disgustingly hot in the house) and they never paid a dime, but were always buying shit. Then dh asked them to move out. My bro was very understanding (they are still friends), but now sil flipped shit, throwing dishes and shit have a total meltdown that would put a toddler to shame. Then at work one day (we used to work together) asked me to tell dh (we were barely dating then) that she wanted $3.50 for part of the phone bill.

Were done helping people. Bil burned us to the tune of a $300 phone bill. They are now shut off. A friend of dh was out friday night to fix his truck in our heated garage versus the cold outside. Then come to find out that after dh came in (at 5am) to go to bed, he was out there smoking dope (not weed, meth). He didn't take anything (I really don't think he'd ever steal from us, but you never know with dopers), but I can't believe he would be so bold as to smoke that shit at my fucking house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dayna29
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You live in an appartment, that is an easy one. Tell her that she has to move or  you both will have to get out. Someone told management on you and you got a verbal warning so you don't get anything on your record because the office people likes you. If not, then type up an eviction notice put a piece of tape on it as if it was taped to your door. She should feel bad and you don't have to upset her. Its not your fault that she isn't on the lease and you may lose your home. :) Good luck.

wedding countdown

To Love, Honor, & Cherish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN