Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you tell a friend you let stay with you , tell them they have to move out

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you break it down to a so called friend that you tried to help out by staying in your home knowing that you have to constantly tell them things they should know because they are grown, the sad part is that she has two children but she has done so much in my apartment that has disrespected my home I'm going to have no choice but to let her go. She has a job and she could have been left but I don't know what is the hold up. I am very outspoken and sometimes what I say can come out wrong because it is very frustrating knowing I have two of my own and I have another on the way, she takes me for granted because I am nice but I lashed out already at her and I feel the next time its not going to be to pretty.

"How can I put it without sounding snotty towards her "

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I would just say it point blank.

OliviasMommy611
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovingmyny
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I was in the same situation a few years back with a best friend of 12 years. Honestly I'm a very peaceful person and I don't like drama or conflict, but once it started henderung my family. I straight up said Valencia I love you but you got to go. Sometimes you can't sugar coat shit for people you got your put your foot down and tell them like it is, and trust me it will get better. Me and her are still good friends and I love her to death
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skymama10
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I had to do this twice. Just make sure you take some deep breaths first and keep your cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I would just explain that its time for her to go.

jeannie39
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Calling her a so called friend and that she disrespected your home, tells me, you should use your outspoken attitude and tell her to hit the road. If she isn't acting like a friend and taking you for granted, I wouldn't feel bad for laying everything out for her. If you already lashed out at her and she is ignoring strong hints, she's just using you while saving or wasting her money. You have yourself and kids to think about. Some people never appreciate help and end of feeling entitled to a free or easier ride through life.

I let a woman with 3 kids move in with me for free and she was the same way. She was suppose to buy food for the household but wouldn't even do that. Spaghetti and bologna was about it. I helped her get a job where I work. We live together and was going to the same place but she wanted me to ride to work with her and pay $10.00 a day for gas. It didn't take but about 5 buck in gas there and back. You wouldn't believe how she acted, it was ridiculous. She called a restaurant, ordered food for herself to be delivered, none for her kids or mine. That was the last straw. I flipped out and made her leave. Like I said, I would just tell her to go before you do or say something you'll regret. Don't let her make you feel like you are the one in the wrong. That is your home not hers. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

WithHope
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell her with another one on the way you and your family need your space. Set a date and ask that she be out by then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by Karla on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Quoting AYISHA1022:

I understand exactly what you mean I am the same way I've always had that attitude only when someone trys to take advantage other then that I'm cool. right now my attitude is wishy washy with her and I decided to give her this last time to pay what she owes and if not then thirty days it is.

I would NOT give her 30 months...

but I am that way, Ive had these kinds of Roomates.. and it comes to a point where you have to leave my house by the endof the week.. is the only thing that comes to my mind...

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Depending on the state she might actually have to give a 30 day notice even if there wasn't a lease. Some Landlord/Tenant acts view no lease as a month to month and will still require a 30 day notice from either party.

Quoting Itzy0ll0tl:

Quoting AYISHA1022:

I understand exactly what you mean I am the same way I've always had that attitude only when someone trys to take advantage other then that I'm cool. right now my attitude is wishy washy with her and I decided to give her this last time to pay what she owes and if not then thirty days it is.

I would NOT give her 30 months...

but I am that way, Ive had these kinds of Roomates.. and it comes to a point where you have to leave my house by the endof the week.. is the only thing that comes to my mind...

AYISHA1022
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

After this happened we sat down and talked she is leaving the original time that I stated in the begining because that is the time that she has to be out, there is no extra time that is going to be spent and I'm okay with my final result of the situation because I will have my house back in order.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)