Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

One night became much much longer

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

So dh and I are on the list for foster parenting, we just got approved about 2 weeks ago.  About a week ago a friend of my husbands dad asked if we could watch her 3 year old son while she went to "work".  Tuns out her work wasn't legal cuz she got arrested.  We were okayed to take him as a foster son as long as we got him a toddler bed and clothes.  all we had was a car seat for him (which thankfully we still had from when my dd was a toddler).  He's a good kid minus the occasional tantrums.  I feel bad for him, the mother had no clue who we were and she was willing to leave us her kid over night.

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellymarie323
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Glad this child found a good home :) so sad a mother could just leave him like that....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM

its been quite an adjustment for us, we have a 6 year old daughter who is still adjusting to sharing us.  she peed her pants on purpose a lot the first few days, so i took her shopping with me by herself the other day and left him with my dh.  

Quoting kellymarie323:

Glad this child found a good home :) so sad a mother could just leave him like that....

kellymarie323
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Aww I bet that has to be hard for her. I remember being 9 and my sister was born. I felt forgotten. Hang in there mama! It'll work itself out. Hugs to you!

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

its been quite an adjustment for us, we have a 6 year old daughter who is still adjusting to sharing us.  she peed her pants on purpose a lot the first few days, so i took her shopping with me by herself the other day and left him with my dh.  

Quoting kellymarie323:

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Wow. Thats very sad. Im glad you took him in and are giving him a safe and loving environment. I have alot of respect for foster parents. My children were placed for 4 months then came home. Their foster family was great. They even invited us to Thanksgiving dinner at their home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM

oh thats cool, we are talking the social worker, she said there's a possibility that after seeing the state of the home he was, it may be permanent.  I don't have the details, but it must be really bad.  I know the mother has previous drug and theft felonies.  We won't know anything about how long until court.  my husband wants to do a foster adoption if his moms ends up having her rights pulled. but like i said we wont know anything until we go to court

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Wow. Thats very sad. Im glad you took him in and are giving him a safe and loving environment. I have alot of respect for foster parents. My children were placed for 4 months then came home. Their foster family was great. They even invited us to Thanksgiving dinner at their home.

adress
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM

hi???

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Your husband already knows he wants to adopt? That is if the mother loses her rights.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

oh thats cool, we are talking the social worker, she said there's a possibility that after seeing the state of the home he was, it may be permanent.  I don't have the details, but it must be really bad.  I know the mother has previous drug and theft felonies.  We won't know anything about how long until court.  my husband wants to do a foster adoption if his moms ends up having her rights pulled. but like i said we wont know anything until we go to court

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Im glad you are there for him. Sorry he's had to go through this though :(.
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM

he wants to foster adopt eventually.  he doesn't have his hopes up, but he doesn't want this kid going somewhere else, he has grown accustom pretty quickly to us and us him.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Your husband already knows he wants to adopt? That is if the mother loses her rights.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

signingmama2915
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Poor kid! Glad you are a foster parent, there are so many horrible placements for kids out there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)