Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I've having a lot of pressure & pain down.. There..
This is my first child so please don't tell me I'm dumb and all this other stuff.. I've looked up stuff and I was just wondering does this maybe mean I could go into labour early?
Can I ask my doctor about this pain & can he even do anything about it?

I've tried EVERYTHING and I mean everything to help the pain and pressure but it only gets worse.

She even moves down in that area and it makes more pressure.

Can anyone help?

It would be a huge help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
signingmama2915
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I would at least call a doc and have them check you out, better safe than sorry.

Quoting kittykathall:

I'm 35 weeks, 2 days

& its just worrining me cause its so hard to get up, get out of bed or even walk properly cause of all the pain down there

Quoting signingmama2915:

How far along are you? It can be normal. I had pain and pressure like that with both y boys. First one it started at about 36 weeks with my younger boy it started a lot earlier, like 30 week maybe 32. Neither one.of my boys were premee, my first was born.on his due date, the.second 4 days early.

Good luck, i hope you get some relief and.everything is okay.

starmoonlight
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I felt like I had a bowling ball ready to fall out of me with the pain and pressure.
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

If it really concerns you it never hurts to put a call into your dr. Sounds mostly normal to me though.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Contact your health care provider.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I would talk to your dr but for me this was normal. It was the baby dropping and getting in position but that does not mean you will go early! Some people get this even earlier and they go longer than their due date!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Ask your dr.about it.
xChristyMx
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I had this badddd with my second pregnancy! I thought he was going to fall out sometimes it hurt so bad. I would talk to my doctor and just make sure that it's normal for you. Good luck hun! Hope you get some comfort and piece of mind soon!

<3 Christy
Hope.Peace.Love.Happiness.
sleigh

unsuspected
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM
It could be normal, it could be harmful, only your dr. can tell you.

Quoting Tirednboredmom:

You need to see a doctor immediately.  Every pregnancy is different but pains in the cervix or uterus while pregnant could mean so many things.  See a Dr. ASAP

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I would call your Dr.and discuss this with him/her. I also would say that this is normal. I had the same feelings with my first pregnancy as well as the rest of my pregnancies. My Dr. told me it is usually indicative of the baby getting into position and your cervix is also getting itself ready for the up coming event. With my second baby, I started dialating 2 cm.  at 4 months and was 50% effaced. I was put on bed rest the remaining months. :) I had the same exact pains you are experiencing. That is why I suggest that you talk with your Dr. as soon as you can schedule an appointment. Let your Dr. be the one to tell you that what you are experiencing is either normal or needs immediate attention. Good Luck and Congratulations. :) 

DaniandTom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I went through this with my first baby too. I did not go into labor early so no, it doesn't mean that. The only thing I found helpful was bed-rest. When you have to get up, support the baby under your tummy. It doesn't get rid of it but it does help a little. And just FYI-I did NOT have it with subsequent babies so don't worry about that! Just a few more weeks, mama. You can do this! ♥Hugs♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)