Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired yet bored. why can't my husband understand

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM
  • 18 Replies

Well, my relationship was like a fairytale.  I left a pretty stable life to become a mom in another state with the one I felt is the love of my life.

Problem started with financial circumstances, baby fat, lack of energy and a very selfish and accomplished husband who seems to forget our history at times.

I am overwhelmed, feel trapped in a bored lifestyle surrounded by kids and mundane day to day.  I don't belong with the PTO and am at the edge of losing my religion here.  I want to leave but look at my kids and wonder if this is something that will pass.

Have no family close by and I am just at a lost.  To top off, I have been a stay at home and it is not working well with me.  Husband although generous, has way too much control and as most moms know, men are not the most responsible with money so we are always pinching..I am called "cheap" when I try to save here and there...cannot win.

Based on this post, you can gather I am extremely unhappy right now... Is this normal?  I'm told by friends and family in a dismissive fashion that this too will pass and we'll be back in love and happy.. WHAT?   I am trully not looking for another man to hook with up either.  the problems here are clear.  My partner and I are not getting along...

Share your thoughts?

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seraphimsong
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Try working. My dh was in the military for awhile and every time we moved to a new base I went through that. Sometimes I would work and sometimes just finding good friends helped. Do you have any friends ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DazeDelights
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Get a job...it will work wonders
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cher53
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM

You and dh need to sit down and have a really good talk. I can here depression and I also feel that what your feeling well also pass. But I is going to be hard if you two don't communicate. Nobody ever said Hun the married life is a easy one it's not. I take care of the bills so they get paid and I like it this way. My dh wouldn't ever call me cheap as I do sock away money yet dh knows this. I am worried when you say you are on the verge of losing your religion. That is so important to me it's not funny. I start my day with prayer and end my day in prayer..I will be thinking about you and send you hugs..keep in touch friend me if you want... Take Care-Cher53

Tirednboredmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Thanks for the reply.  That is a major problem.  I always worked up until about three years ago.  My daughter was born and I took a job that lead to only a month of freedom because we relocated. I have all my friends away and the only friend is a super nice lady that has provided support in ways she can't even imagine.

Thanks for the advice,  I am fighting these feelings.  If I follow them, I will end up leaving immediately

Tirednboredmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Trying for the past year, you have no idea....

Tirednboredmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I thank you for your input.  It is very hard to talk to this man.  You are right about some deression.  I pray and I was not under the impression it would be rosy all the time everytime but my dh is extremely selfish.. He does not want to face emotional issues because that would make him seem weak.. I have reached out to the pastor that married us and I am willing to give it a try but it is hard because I am angry, extremely angry.

Thanks again I heard your words and they help.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Talk to him about it? Maybe get a part time job when he isn't at work so that he can spend some quality alone time with the kids?

Talk to him about it. 

Communication is a must to make any relationship last.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Hope things work out...

Eve-marie
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

You need something just for you. I have 4 kids and no job, hubby is self employed, does all the shopping. I never left the house, just cleaned up after everybody all day. Well I got sick of it. Now I make beaded jewelry. I'm still at home all day but there's an outlet in my hobby and now I'm showing some of my work and getting a few sales. Do something you like, to pass the time. I also write, and I do lots of reading. Maybe you can't leave the house to go to work but you don't have to be bored. And if you have friends let someone watch the kids sometimes so you can go out and relax now and then. Good luck.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

you need to find a hobby or work part-time or something that is just for you. jmo. it'll work wonders for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)