Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Etsy and Ebay question.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm thinking of selling items on one of these websites. Does anyone on here buy from or use these sites? I could sell my paintings, plus I know how to do glass etching. I also can sew and make jewlery.. but not my favorite things to do. Do you think I would have a shot at this?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Angel_Red7
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM

What about using both?

i sell baby items or used items on eBay and other things like jewelry or crafted items on etsy.

DaniandTom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM

The cost of each is so low that it isn't a bad idea to use both. I have. Jewelry is hard to sell because EVERYONE has jewelry! Paintings and other craft items should go easier but don't expect to sell a lot or to sell quickly. People have to find you first and sometimes that takes a while. There are THOUSANDS of vendors on each of the sites so it could be slow going. My feeling is the more sites you're on, the ore exposure you get and the greater your chances are for sales. (There is a woman on ETSY that tries to sell a package to increase your sales by advertising for you and getting you on all these auction sites like e-Bay and some others. DO NOT buy it! She doesn't do a damn thing and it costs between $25 and $50!! I bought it on special for $25--2 months later I am getting emails from her saying it's almost ready to launch...still nothing!!!! I have tried now for 3 months to get a refund and she SAYS she is going to do it but never does. Save your money!

Hyman
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I love etsy. I wish I made something cool enough to sell!!! It's so cool there.

Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Sure, I shop both from time to time.  I like Etsy better.  

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM

This. :)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Sure, I shop both from time to time.  I like Etsy better.  

KeheleyLayna
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM

DH has an Ebay account, and he sells his things on there he doesnt want anymore. He has a ton, i mean a ton, of baseball cards he's been collecting since he was a kid in the 80's. The only thing I'm really good at is painting, but I haven't done it in a few years. I recently lost my full time job, so I need something in the mean time untill I find another.. secretly I hope it would take off so I wouldnt have to work. I just wish I would know ahead of time if my paintings would sell. Some people on there sell paintings for $200 or more, which I think is crazy. I'm just a normal person who likes paintings, but I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on a painting.

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I've never sold anything on them. I do buy from both though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)