Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Being happy again

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 22 Replies

How do people balance being a mom of 3 kids and a wife and satisfying everyone's needs?? PLEASE HELP!!!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellymarie323
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
2 kids here and wondering the same. Nobody is ever 100% happy :/ do you work? I add that to my list of pleasing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goldy7
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM

i think we as moms we do the best we can

got3boyz
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Sometimes it's hard but I do my best, everyone seems pretty happy with that.

19renee62
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I am a mother of 3. no longer a wife. but I do take care of my mother who is 77, and can no longer do things on her own. I manage to home school my yongest child, take care of everones needs work full time. and take care of all the pets that we have which adds up to a total of 11. the only problem that I usuall have is no me time. . . when on the rare ocassion when i do get me time I do not have a clue what to do with myself. If all the children and pets and parent is taken care of laundry done and put up house clean. can not work outside raining or cold weather. I am at a lost. but with all this i can usually still find something that needs done some time i just sit and really watch t.v. but have trouble sitting that long because i am not use to it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I think if a couple people are at least happy everyday then you're doing a great job =)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not easy. Everyone is supposed to do their part.

QueenWisdom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Relax, pray and be very patient!!
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 kids and a husband and IMO, the most important thing is understanding everyone's needs (including my own).  Afterall, how can we all get our needs fulfilled if we don't even understand what they are.  For example, I've learned that my husband and kids often don't know what they need and may become cranky without realizing why.  We create understanding by fostering close attachment and communication.  This means love and affecion is a top priority!!!  This closeness helps us to better identify what each other needs.  Keeping the lines of communication open -- validating others feelings with empathy helps with this.  

Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM

As of now I am out on maternity leave for another month. I am doinG some work from home, but it's not the break I need lol

Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM

wow you definitely have your hands full. I thinks it's importamt to have "me time" so you can still feel like you can do stuff (even if it's going t the grocery store by yourself) or going to have coffee with a friend. But it is hard with kids. I am hoping I can find a balance with everything and continue to try to make everyone happy and myself also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN