Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do people balance being a mom of 3 kids and a wife and satisfying everyone's needs?? PLEASE HELP!!!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I agree. I think my older 2 girls and my hubby are so used to me doing everything that they just automatically assume I will do it. But I need to put my foot down sometimes. And it seems to be my hubby isn't that happy now that we have our 3rd girl who is 8 weeks old and gets pretty much all of my attention, but he needs to stop being selfish. ugh sorry, had to vent a little lol

Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Thanks! Well my kids are always happy, it's my hubby. I know he feels neglected and not loved, but we have a 8 week old and 2 other girls. So most of my attention go to them. I just need to find that balance of satisfying my 3 girls and my husband. ughhh so frustrating!

Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Thank you! I am trying very hard to be patient

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hugs...some days are more challenging than others...I have my good and smooth days and then those days that I don't feel like I ever know what the world I'm doing or how to do it....so I just take it a day at a time....

Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I agree with you! Love and affection is top priority. I think since I just had a baby 2 months ago that my energy level is low and when my hubby gets home I am either feeding the baby, folding clothes, cooking dinner or wanting to go to sleep, so affection is the last thing I want to do. But since my hubby is feeling "left out" and not as loved I need to find ways to try to make him happy again (and myself). And we definitely need to work on communicating better whether it's good or bad. I am big on keeping things to myself, but that only comes to bite me in the butt later lol

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I'm sure you will find that balance with time. Maybe tell him that YOU need a little more "me time" and help around the house. Then at the end of the day you will have more time to spend with him. And overall everyone will be happier. :)

Quoting Jenn1201:

Thanks! Well my kids are always happy, it's my hubby. I know he feels neglected and not loved, but we have a 8 week old and 2 other girls. So most of my attention go to them. I just need to find that balance of satisfying my 3 girls and my husband. ughhh so frustrating!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm happy with my life. If I want to change something, I set my mind to it. I wasn't happy for awhile though, I had to figure out what I wnated and go for it. I focus on the positive, avoid the negative and do what makes me feel happy as long as it's not hurting my kids (examples I love to read, write, decorate and bake)

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You prioritize and then accept you can't do it all.

Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM

That's true :-)

Jenn1201
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

That's exactly what I need to do. I always think I can do it all (and I do) but then I might complain to my hubby. He offers to help me here and there but I say "no that's ok" because I know it won't get done right then when I want and it will bother me until it gets done. I

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN