Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is it worth it?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
  • 34 Replies

Bagless vacuum cleaners, are they worth the investment? 

I need a new vacuum soon. I was wondering if bagless vacuum cleaners are a good investment or not. I keep reading that to replace the filters is expensive and they also cause built up dust or hair. 

If you have an opinion or experience with owning a bagless vacuum share what vacuum you own and experience related. 

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Great question! I would like to know too. Thanks for asking.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM

The one I have I did not buy (2nd. hand) but it has a dust compartment that you have to empty.  I have not replaced anything on it....don't use it that often now because we pulled up most of our old carpet.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I wouldn't get an expensive one.  We had an expensive one that everyone raves about and it was terrible. Now we have a shark and it was very inexpensive but it works perfectly!

sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes we love bagless vacuum cleaners!!

Angel_Red7
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Is there a certain brand you would recommend? 

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

Yes we love bagless vacuum cleaners!!

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I have the Dyson Animal one. I love it!

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM

How long have you had the Shark? I was considering one because our whole first floor is hardwood. I hear they tend to break easily after awhile.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I wouldn't get an expensive one.  We had an expensive one that everyone raves about and it was terrible. Now we have a shark and it was very inexpensive but it works perfectly!

slightlyperfect

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM

About 2 years.  Our entire first floor is hard woods too.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

How long have you had the Shark? I was considering one because our whole first floor is hardwood. I hear they tend to break easily after awhile.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

And it's holding up nice? Works well? How much did you spend? (Sorry. Lots of questions!)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

About 2 years.  Our entire first floor is hard woods too.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

slightlyperfect

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Yes, it's holding up well.  We haven't had any problems.  I can't remember exactly how much we spent but I want to say it was around $100.  Bought at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

And it's holding up nice? Works well? How much did you spend? (Sorry. Lots of questions!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)