Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bagless vacuum cleaners, are they worth the investment? 

I need a new vacuum soon. I was wondering if bagless vacuum cleaners are a good investment or not. I keep reading that to replace the filters is expensive and they also cause built up dust or hair. 

If you have an opinion or experience with owning a bagless vacuum share what vacuum you own and experience related. 

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Maybe I should look into it (or put it on my Giftmas list!). Thanks!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Yes, it's holding up well.  We haven't had any problems.  I can't remember exactly how much we spent but I want to say it was around $100.  Bought at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

And it's holding up nice? Works well? How much did you spend? (Sorry. Lots of questions!)

slightlyperfect

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Great idea!  That reminds me, I need to start my Amazon Christmas Wishlist today...my mom always bugs me that I don't keep it up-to-date.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Maybe I should look into it (or put it on my Giftmas list!). Thanks!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Yes, it's holding up well.  We haven't had any problems.  I can't remember exactly how much we spent but I want to say it was around $100.  Bought at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

And it's holding up nice? Works well? How much did you spend? (Sorry. Lots of questions!)

JodyLane555
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I have had 2 and 1 bagged, they are kind of a pain to clean but they work sooooo much better. My newest one the Bissel Pet Vac has washable filters too, you dont need to replace them, at least not for years maybe.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I have one and you do have to replace the filter every 3 months or so depending on often you use it. The filter for mine is like $10.00 When you dump it you have to be careful when putting in garbage so that the dust from it doesn't fly everywhere.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I like mine.
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here but I use mine all the time. I LOVE it!

Quoting delanna6two:

The one I have I did not buy (2nd. hand) but it has a dust compartment that you have to empty.  I have not replaced anything on it....don't use it that often now because we pulled up most of our old carpet.

Aishamusty
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

BUMP!

nverheyn2011
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM

dh's grandma has a bagless. I think it's a dyson... and it's pretty powerful.  dh and I have a bagless as well, i don't know the brand name, fil has it atm, but it's pretty awesome too.

DH's grandma also has what dh calls a "dirt bag" vacuum. (lol) and it's okay... but the suction is next to nothing. But that may be just because it's going on 10 years old.

CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I have a shark and everything can be cleaned, filters ect. It's amazing, great suction and they have wonderful customer service!

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

The vacuum we have you can just clean out the filter. We need to buy another one though just so I can still vacuum while the other filter dries. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)