Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bagless vacuum cleaners, are they worth the investment? 

I need a new vacuum soon. I was wondering if bagless vacuum cleaners are a good investment or not. I keep reading that to replace the filters is expensive and they also cause built up dust or hair. 

If you have an opinion or experience with owning a bagless vacuum share what vacuum you own and experience related. 

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I've got a bagless and love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I've had a bagless vacuum for years, a cheap one at that, and it has never failed me.  I've never even had to replace a filter.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM

We no longer have carpets. But I loved my bag less vacuum.

lemastem14
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:58 AM
I also have a small shark for hardwood. It works great but the battery life is horrible!
rlk121909
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:02 AM
You have to clean the filters with bag less or they get bad. You just run water through it make sure it's fully clean and LET IT FULLY DRY. If its not fully dry it can really mess it up too. Takes at least a day to fully dry and you only have to do it once a month depending on how much you use it.
WithHope
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:42 AM
I have the bissell pet hair one and love it!
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:37 AM

You could get a rainbow vaccuum.

It has a resevoir of water that everything goes into.. All you have to do is before you use it fill it up. When done empty it. But it can be used for more than just vacuuming. I mean you can add a few drops and set it in a room and it will freshen the air. It's awesome. I don't have one anymore. But I really wanna get one. And I don't have any carpet. I just have rugs. I love that thing. 

Allergies were not a problem with that thing around. Pet hair and stuff... not a problem at all. unless they laid down on my clothes directly.

AleaKat
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Ill never ever ever use a bag
I love my shark bag less!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I had the battery one and yes the battery sucks!
I got rid of that damn thing.
I have an electric shark now , much better

Quoting lemastem14:

I also have a small shark for hardwood. It works great but the battery life is horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM

They are good in my opinion. I just have a cheap Dirt Devil one. I have only replaced the filter once in the three years I have had it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)