Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bagless vacuum cleaners, are they worth the investment? 

I need a new vacuum soon. I was wondering if bagless vacuum cleaners are a good investment or not. I keep reading that to replace the filters is expensive and they also cause built up dust or hair. 

If you have an opinion or experience with owning a bagless vacuum share what vacuum you own and experience related. 

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (31-34):
lilmanmason
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

i have a dyson animal 41... and totally worth it. we have wood laminate and carpet, it works safely on both. yes... sometimes it has the occasional not picking up cheerios issues (if u have seen the comercials). i had a eureka bagless before and it had a washable filter, and a replacable filter. the filters did not cost too much. but with having a shih tzu it was continuously needing to be done. but the dyson has a reusable filter, you just need to clean it out. pricey, but you can get great deals on it during the holidays.

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I love mine!

kaitybird
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM

YES they are worth every penny especially if you have indoor allergies and ASTHMA!  WE have the Dyson animal one and it was worth every penny that we paid for it...We also still own our filter queen that we bought over 17 years ago.  

Another thing NOT to do is put powder stuff on the floors for freshener as you will NEVER get it out of the floor!  We find emptying the canister is a lot better then buying bags for the vacuum!  

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I love our bagless vaccum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)