Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Service based business owners, gift to clients?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have a small service based business and am planning to send cards to all of my regular clients. 1 or 2 usually leave me a small gift. Is it "proper" or expected to give your clients gifts or is it more the other way around, if you are in a service based business do you get gifts at the holidays from your clients?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure...here's a help article I googled regarding gift giving...

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/proper-business-gift-etiquette-2874.html

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I've typically gotten cards from any small service type businesses that I work with. I don't see anything wrong with that. I've never expected any gifts.

Dazyjo
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I think just a card is good. It's nice to know that the businesses we patron see us as more than a number in the bottom line. If you want to include a coupon for one of your services a at good discount (if you can afford to do so) you can possibly boost your numbers or client base, and your customers will appreciate the help in this crappy economy. Oh, and sign the card your self- not with a stamp. Good luck, Merry Christmas!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethy16
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:08 AM
When I had my dog grooming business I would always have a small gift. It usually was a huge dog biscuit wrapped all pretty. A few years they all got new collars and the leashes. I ran into a few closeouts so I splurged lol but yes my clients always got a little gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM
A card would be nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JodyLane555
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I am a pet sitter and I decided to take some real nice photos of my best clients pets and am looking for frames. I like the idea of looking for closeouts, they have some at the big flea market in town.

Quoting Bethy16:

When I had my dog grooming business I would always have a small gift. It usually was a huge dog biscuit wrapped all pretty. A few years they all got new collars and the leashes. I ran into a few closeouts so I splurged lol but yes my clients always got a little gift.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN