Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

months i packed on 50 pounds..

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
A year and a half ago I had lost 55 pounds. I was able to keep it off for about 8 months and then BAM, it came back with a vengeance. I miscarried last September and from the emotional issues that came with it I lost the drive to continue my work out routine. I don't eat unhealthy, I am really good about watching what I eat and keeping regular portions. I can't understand how in 6 months I could have gained soo much. Any one have a similar problem? Maybe a jump start diet & work out plan that works??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Grief and stress can do a number on your body. When you are ready try to back into your workout routine. You'll lose the weight.

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Good luck to you :)

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Hope things will work out for you with this...

....ClvrScn.
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I lost 90 pounds in one year. I maintained it for about a year and then in the next year, I've packed all but 10 of it right back on. I'm trying to lose it - but DH and I are also TTC so I'm trying to lose weight and get pregnant - not a good combo

softballmom86
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM
That's amazing! Congrats and best of luck to you on TTC. I've heard from my obgyn that you're actually more likely to conceive while you're losing weight! :)

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

I lost 90 pounds in one year. I maintained it for about a year and then in the next year, I've packed all but 10 of it right back on. I'm trying to lose it - but DH and I are also TTC so I'm trying to lose weight and get pregnant - not a good combo

softballmom86
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM
That's amazing! Congrats and best of luck to you on TTC. I've heard from my obgyn that you're actually more likely to conceive while you're losing weight! :)

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

dee1603
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM
No sure about that one.

Dh and I have been ttc for 3 years and during that time we have dieted, worked out, had a personal trainer. I don't believe working out will help ttc.

Quoting softballmom86:

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
softballmom86
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I took the advice about losing weight, got in healthy excersize routine, watched my calorie intake and lost about 15 lbs, once I hit 15 lbs the hubby and I decided to TTC... only to find out 1 ¹/² months later I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant :) I'm now 14 weeks and staying healthy with light work outs and healthy habits. I hope all is going well for you!

Quoting dee1603:

No sure about that one.

Dh and I have been ttc for 3 years and during that time we have dieted, worked out, had a personal trainer. I don't believe working out will help ttc.

Quoting softballmom86:

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

webberley12
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:15 AM

During pregnancy I gained about 75 pounds. So frusturating! About 8 months before that I had just lost 50 pounds then slowly gained about 15 back then I got pregnant and it all went down hill. Now I am 60 pounds over weight and struggling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)