Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How close were your pregnancies?

Posted by   + Show Post

Jessica Simpson Is Pregnant Again -- Looks Like She Didn't Have to Lose All That Baby Weight After All

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on November 28, 2012 

jessica simpson pregnant againJessica Simpson is pregnant again. Yep. According to Us Weekly, less than seven months after she gave birth to the ridiculously adorable Maxwell Drew, the pop-star and her fiance, Eric Johnson, are expecting again. This pregnancy reportedly wasn't planned, but, unsurprisingly, Jess and Eric are "ecstatic."

Congrats to the happy couple! Yay babies! Yay parents! But I'm just going to say something here, because I know you're thinking it, too: So much for losing those much-talked-about 70 pounds!

Before we get into Jess's "highly-controversial" pregnancy weight gain, though, can we just discuss for a second the fact that she's going to have a 1-and-a-half-year-old and a newborn? I mean, I know people do it all the time (and it has to be a hell of a lot easier when you're as rich as Simpson), but hot damn, that sounds exhausting! But then again, so does a 2-year-old and a newborn. And a 4-year-old and a newborn? Gah, which is best?! One kid and a baby seems nuts, no matter which way you slice it! And being pregnant with a kid seems exhausting!

All right, now we can talk baby weight. Personally, I think it's a good thing that Jess lost the majority of what she gained (thank you, Weight Watchers!). I mean, you want to go into a pregnancy as healthy as possible. Buuuut. At the same time, it kind of seems like a lot of her work was for naught. She's going to "have" to start this process over again in nine months of so.

But hey, the upside is Jess will probably get some sort of endorsement deal again, which will only make her and her family all the more rich. So there's that. Stars: They're just like us. Only the opposite. Because they get to make money off of gaining, and then losing, weight!

Congrats, Jess and Eric. Can't wait to see what adorable little human you create this time. Maxwell's going to be hard to top. Just sayin'. 

How close were your pregnancies?

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
ncohetero
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM
2 years apart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kingkongsmom
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:42 AM

2 were 13 months apart, then a stillborn next year and said to be medically imposs to concieve again yet2 yrs later a 3rd then 18 months another, its more like 2 sets of twins...........after they all grown or almost grown the best one of all came and I didnt give birth,-lol, best nonpregnancy ever and the most enjoyable baby/child of all.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:59 AM

My first and second kids are 2.5yrs apart.  My second and third are 4 years apart.  

iknitsweatersyo
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Mine are 5 yrs apart
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jyofray
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM
04 06 08
CMay2CK
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM

My daughter had just turned 4 when my son was born.  It has been a great gap.  She was old enough to start doing more things independently, which was a HUGE help with a newborn.  

Now that they are 10 and 6, we'll see how easy that gap is.  This is the last year that they will ever be in the same school.  Ugh!  Two drop off times, two locations, two totally different things going on....  

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM

15 months apart!

little.worthen
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

5 years, 10 months

kjsaes
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM
14 months apart
givenshl
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM
My oldest son and daughter are 22months apart and my youngest daughters are 13months apart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN