Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

He told her to give her baby BENEDRYL!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

A friend of mine just posted on FB that she had finally gotten her 9 month old to sleep through the night. She said that one of the things she tried was giving him benedryl...that was PRESCRIBED by her DOCTOR!!! What the heck??? You aren't even supposed to give that to babies. I told her to find a new Dr!!!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BraydensMama163
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I was always told a warm bath and a massage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM
My doctor is awesome. He tries to always prescribe over the counter all natural remedies.

Like when allergy season hit he wrote me a note page full of nonmedicated syrups to try. The beat was lil remedies honey elixar. Nothing but honey water. My kids are 6&3 and they love the taste and it coats the throat nicely so no sore throat and no side effects.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassysilvergirl
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

That is awesome!!! I can't imagine giving my baby drugs so that I can get a good nights sleep. So selfish!!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

My doctor is awesome. He tries to always prescribe over the counter all natural remedies.

Like when allergy season hit he wrote me a note page full of nonmedicated syrups to try. The beat was lil remedies honey elixar. Nothing but honey water. My kids are 6&3 and they love the taste and it coats the throat nicely so no sore throat and no side effects.

BraydensMama163
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM
When I was 16 i ended up keeping my moms friends baby. I would keep her 4-5 days and the grandmother would take her 2-3 days. I had Ger mostly on weekends and a day or two during the week. I can't tell you how many times I went to the "mothers" house and threw away bottles of.medicine she kept that poor baby doped up on.

I almost failed 10th grade trying to mother that baby.

Quoting sassysilvergirl:

That is awesome!!! I can't imagine giving my baby drugs so that I can get a good nights sleep. So selfish!!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Wow. Thats really sad. While it was rough until my sons STTN I would have never thought to give them something to make them sleep. I've always felt there is a reason that children wake during the night. I may never know the exact reasons but I know there has to be one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN