Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you let your children choose?

Posted by   + Show Post

I took my son to get his haircut about a week ago. I let him pick what he wanted from the books they had there. It's nothing too wild or out there. So I was shocked when my mom asked me why I let them do that to his hair. Then when I told her I let him pick how he wanted her hair she told me "Well that's not his decission!"

Here are some pictures of him with his haircut. I didn't "spike" it like how they had at the salon but only because it was almost bedtime. However, the style is that in the top on the front it has some "spiking" going on. So what do you all think?

This is a picture of him right after he got his hair cut. Not really the best bet you can somewhat see the style a bit better.

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Replies (31-35):
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

So what exactly is a fohawk?

Quoting buzymom93:

i think its adorable!!  i let my son choose all the time... he most often gets a fohawk.. lol

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I think he looks adorable!

I like the hair cut. I would allow mine to choose, but I am the one that does his hair, and I'm not trained. So I can only do one thing. He wouldn't let anyone else cut his hair. 

There are times when autism sucks.

Honestly, I don't think there is a problem with allowing the child to decide how they want their own hair. It is hair after all and will grow out. 

FIREFOX1336
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:40 AM
My son will have a military reg haircut until he turns 18. That's just part of my standards he kids will be held to. They also include he will always wear a belt and undershirt, and my daughter will not wear low rise jeans or cleavage showing shirts. They will not wear skulls or hello kitty etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids choose their own and have since they were very little. Sometimes I don't like it, but it's not my head & I encourage independence, free thinking, etc. it's just hair for goodness sake - let them express themselves!
the3Rs
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:24 AM
I just can't agree with this. They are not little robots. My mom forced us to wear certain things & I still resent her for it (I'm 40).

The standards I set for my kids centers around respect for themselves & others, politeness, appropriate behavior, discipline, exceeding in school to the best of your ability, empathy, forgiveness, a giving heart/attitude, etc.

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

My son will have a military reg haircut until he turns 18. That's just part of my standards he kids will be held to. They also include he will always wear a belt and undershirt, and my daughter will not wear low rise jeans or cleavage showing shirts. They will not wear skulls or hello kitty etc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN