Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (101-110):
Kaydence2010
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM

my daughter's current obsession is snoopy so we made a snoopy puppet and she made him walk around going "im snoopy!" and singing twinkle twinkle lol

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM

This will be perfect for our basket of socks that are missing their match.

jessilovinglife
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM

we dont have any socks to spare but we did this with a paper bag and my daughter used it to eat up all her toys because we recently got the book Monday The Bullfrog and its a frog puppet and she loves to turn the page, announce what he is going to eat, and then stick her hand in his mouth so he can eat her too. Shes only 27 months but shes already started putting her hand inside him and telling the story herself, and she also is loving dressing up like all her favorite storybook characters and dancing or singing songs from her favorite shows and songs that she makes up herself

AmieLynnO
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

We created a cat sock puppet and a dog puppet.  We put on a cat and dog puppet show.  They liked each other, though.  :)

kgalvano
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

we did sock puppets along with making puppets from paper bags.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM
My son loves spongebob!

Quoting hlzcmjzajz:

Oh my goodness, my ds will love this! We'll most likely have to do something with Spongebob lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM
We made puppets of elmo and cookie monster. We were mainly talking about school. lol My son likes to talk about school alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM
We made elmo. :)

Quoting Michaelamarie84:

My son is calling every stuffed animal "Elmo" so I'll grab a red sock and make "Elmo" tonight with him. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM
So does mine! We're constantly doing little "skits" of the episodes he's just watched- he loves it when I pretend to be Squidward!

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

My son loves spongebob!

Quoting hlzcmjzajz:

Oh my goodness, my ds will love this! We'll most likely have to do something with Spongebob lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tconnors331
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Richie had a great time making a snowman puppet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)