Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (111-120):
Junesmommy18
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

We used old stove top mittens and drew on them, and attached googly eyes.

nova.mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM

We love to use the fuzzy socks for this.  

MascaraMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:02 PM

The cold weather isn't really much of a factor here in florida but my DDs weren't feeling good so we did this yesterday evening. we ended up with one sock covered in googly eyes (my 3 yr old) and one covered in pink marker and a dog hair mohawk (my 5 yr old). they put on a play for me about a million eyed monster making friends with w rockstar

We're not all happy all the time but we're a happy family.

Jen (MascaraMomma)
acrogodess
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Oh, we play Lips or Just Dance or Dance Central on our xbox on rainy days or for exercise. It's getting too cold to go play outside.

WifeyMommy2011
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun! My son is almost 22 months, not sure how he'd like it, but its worth a try!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM

They didn't use socks, but my kids made puppets out of paper lunch bags. DD's was naturally a princess, my son's ended up being used as the prince in dd's story.  My son wasn't too happy about that at first, but he eventually joined in.

mommy2kaelynn
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM

We made a "play" about the scottish lords from Brave marrying the other Disney princesses! I forgot to take pictures - but VERY cute - we laughed a lot!

tamidawn
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM
How fun! My son chose Spider-Man! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Good idea when you're stuck inside!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM
My two year old puts on puppet shows all the time. He takes his socks off and puts them on his hand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN