Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (51-60):
squirrelml
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM

well my kid is an adult now and way beyond this.But we used to make our own puppets,her favorite color used to be green,so we made lots of lizards and frogs.I let her use crayons to color on socks to make eyes,or spots or scales.

hlzcmjzajz
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Oh my goodness, my ds will love this! We'll most likely have to do something with Spongebob lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eevers55
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:37 PM

We made puppy puppets. DD is only 18m, but she LOVED this

heidi_val
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM
good idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Oh that sounds like fun! But DS (21m) won't do it. He is all over the place, lol. He's too busy doing other stuff to sit still long enough to do something like this. but I hope he will be later on in life. I loved doing stuff like this when I was a kid!
momma0ffive
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I have six kid s so they will each be able to do a character from there favorite story
Bmama1
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Oh fun idea!!
MargauxG
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Cute!! But my kids want to go plat outside!!! They've been begging to play in the snow!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM

My kid's love puppet shows, lol!

mysticalmalissa
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM

We did angry bird sock puppets last night! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)