Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (61-70):
dommad2
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Dd loves sock puppets!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:48 PM

this is already on the agenda! she has been wanting to make a snowman puppet out of socks. there are some eawsy tutorials online for this.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

1hotmama87
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM

we will have to try this when DS gets home from school!

KITTYCAT1
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM

My son loves sock puppets. We'll find some old socks and make one today.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM
This sounds like fun. We will have to do it tomorrow. My 3 yr old doesnt have school on Fridays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidenDsmommy
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM

ours are currently drying...the oldest is still working on his..will post pictures later tonight

babid14
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

my son is too small for this and my daughter just scribbles lol and she doesnt talk yet

Michaelamarie84
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

My son is calling every stuffed animal "Elmo" so I'll grab a red sock and make "Elmo" tonight with him. :)

sumannie
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM
This sounds fun! Can't wait until tomorrow!
ZoeCY
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
We haven't made any homemade puppets but we do have a lot of puppets and we make up all kinds of stories with them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)