Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (81-90):
SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Very cute idea! I will have to do this with him asap. We're in the middle of having NOTHING to do, it's TOO cold outside but there is not even any snow yet. He's been getting cabin fever pretty bad lately!

got3boyz
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM

We have used glitter glue and googly eyes to make characters.  We love to make funny voices for each of them.

Sillieguze
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:52 PM

cute idea

Ladybugmama86
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I believe that would be much to complicated with my girls.. But they do like to dress up and put on a 'ballet' show. I will see if they will do a silly play or something.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Crysmaggio
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I'm definitely going to do this! Lots of rainy days ahead.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amber_jean101
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM

We made puppets out of paper bags and had a puppet show.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM

she did a puppy sack puppet

amyand4
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM
We do our puppet show with little felt people on sticks we make.( or animals) And we also use our felt board!
ashleywagoner
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Hmmm...not sure if my 2 year old would like it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skippette14
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I will keep this one on file of our next stay in day.  My kids would have so much fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)