Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (91-100):
shishie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:43 AM

We have a bunch of mismatched socks, we can do this!

MooNFaeRie30
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:18 AM

i am going to do this today. i know if my 6 year old has her way it willl be about dinosaurs and my 4 year old would probably do something bout dora

mine01369
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My son has a ginger bread man Due Friday the 30th so we all made gingerbread men/women and a big mess.  Then we played with them as puppets and I got to clean the paint off of everything lol.  while my sons complained of the nailpolish remover smell

deedee3849
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM

We did the Nativity scene with a prop book. It has cardboard cut outs for each character.

ahawkins
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM
We do this every night for bedtime.storie
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I like to use paper bags vs. socks.

NeKisha
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM

It is only about 20 degrees here, but we still go outside when that cold and colder.  Nothing will keep my little men in!  I will have to try this when we are having a blizzard or something not safe for them to be out in.  This is a great idea for reusing those socks whose mates seem to have disappeared.

rory10
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM

DD picked Kermit the frog and kept asking for Fozzy bear

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

what a great idea!  fun project

kingkongsmom
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

we have made, bought and just used socks,...with imagination latest one is using mom's kirby vaccum and putting clothes, attachments for arms..... a hat, and apparently heart monitor sticky circle things make great eyes.lol. a child life size friend that can glide with him,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN