Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

when to start potty training a little girl

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

my daugther just turned one and takes off her diaper is it time to start potty training her when shes wet she pulls it off and says momma and ppl told me yeah but idk if i should

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Her bladder is still small however if she shows interest, take her. When she stops then just back off until she's ready again. My 2 year old started potty training out of the blue when she was roughly 18 months old and was fully potty trained a month after she turned 2. (She's 29 months today)

GimmieMoKimmy
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Guage her interest. Start with showing her the routine of using the potty (making the deposit, wiping, flushing, wash/dry hands). If she's into it try pushing forward. make sure you are ready to train her. Do you recognize her signals of having to go? Determine [and teach] how to communicate to you when she has to go.

If you're pushing fwd try to have at least 3 days where trips outside the house are limited where you can dedicate being responsive to her signals and going through the routine without rushing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Nothing active till age 3 but if she does it on her own don't stop her.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I started my daughter when she was 14 months but all toddlers are different. But if she is showing signs to want to then there is nothing wrong and trying it.

othermom
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM

You can try. Get a little potty abd start taking her to use it and see how it goes

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I would buy her a potty chair and talk to her about it but that's it. When she's ready she'll do it. My dd was 4.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I'd say you can introduce the potty. But I wouldn't push it. She is really young.

Guardianof2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM
take her to the bathroom with you. if she shows that she is intrested then sat her on a potty. she is still young but i have a friend whos child was trained by the time she was eighteen months. it just depends on the kids. my girl was trained by two and the boy by three.
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Buy her a seat and let her sit on it when you use the bathroom. She is kinda of young but you never know.Min was 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)