Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you get??

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

While my fil was down visiting his parents, his mom gave him $100 for our family. (DH, me, and our two kiddos) She gives us money every year to buy what we want for Christmas since they don't see us for that holiday. We bought Lexi a Disney princess singing microphone and two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures for Landon. DH is adamant that I pick something out but IDK what I want. I absolutely HATE buying anything for myself which is why I have had the same pair of tennish shoes since I had Landon almost six years ago. Lol. I was thinking of buying some books but that seems like a waste. What do ya'll think? I could stand some new clothes but I can't ever seem to find anything I like. :(

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shishie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I probably would buy some kind of kitchen gadget.

orangesforadam
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would buy something the whole family could enjoy.  I'm like you in that I hate buying for myself and even feel guilty about it!  You think it's bad your shoes are old?  I need underwear!  LOL  Maybe a Wii if you don't already have one, or a game like Just Dance or something like that.  My kids are 6 and 8 and the four of us (yes... DH) play the Just Dance games and Mario games.  It's great family fun!!

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I'd get something I need like kitchen stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Buying books is never a waste. If that is what you want then get it. If you need shoes really bad I would go with that. Buy whatever you think your going to use the most.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I don't think books are ever a waste either, but if you want to then buy yourself an outfit.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Buy whatever makes you happy. :) I don't see books as a waste.

insanemomof4
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM
My husbands 1 aunt and uncle also give us 100 every yr and every yr we spend it on our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthastaatss
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Definitely go check out Bed Bath and Beyond. I can promise you that you will find something you will like there-maybe even the kiddos will like it too, who knows (:

december911
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Do you feel guilty when you buy stuff for yourself? I have issues with it, ever since I had my first daughter...but seriously, buy some books!! not a waste at all. Books are an escape for me, my resting time! Plus, you read them, take them to a used bookstore and get store credit, so you use that credit to get other books etc!!

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I would end up spending it on the kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)