Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies, What Do You REALLY Want For Christmas From Your Man?

Hey, Guys! Here's What Women REALLY Want for Christmas

Posted by Jacqueline Burt

presents christmas treeOkay, not to make a sweeping generalization here, but guys suck at presents. Calm down, I'm not talkin' bout all of y'all -- some of you are actually seem to get into the whole process of searching for the perfect gift for your wives or girlfriends.

But let's be honest -- most men are the type who spend the last couple of days before Christmas wandering around the mall in a daze, staring with panicked confusion at anything sparkly/pink/fruity-smelling: Does that look like something she would want? I don't know what it is, but it's shiny and it reeks of perfume in this store and -- hey, gift wrap is free?! Sold!

So, yeah. Want the bad news first?

She probably won't be thrilled when she opens up that random, shiny, last-minute purchase. She'll probably be weird and distant and irritable and sad for at least a week or two, until she convinces herself you'll redeem yourself on Valentine's Day, of course you will, you're not a bad guy, after all.

More from The Stir: 12 Things a Wife Should Never Say to Her Husband

But here's the good news: This year, you can avoid this common holiday couples' conflict!

Because I'm gonna go ahead and reveal what we women REALLY want for Christmas/Hannukah/Festivus, etc.

1. Something that makes us feel like you think we're incredibly beautiful. Maybe it's jewelry, maybe it's lingerie, maybe it's a scarf -- just SOMETHING that says "I love looking at you."

2. Something that makes us feel like you think we're incredibly smart. Maybe it's a first edition copy of The Catcher in the Rye, maybe it's a month of philosophy lectures, maybe it's a subscription to the NY Times. This gift should say, "I value your intellect and opinion."

3. Something that makes us feel like you think we're incredibly funny. Maybe it's a silly t-shirt or an ironic wall-hanging or a box of witty note cards -- something that says "You make me laugh."

4. Something that makes us feel like you think we're incredibly good at being a mom. Maybe it's a bracelet with a charm for each kid, maybe it's a framed family portrait, maybe it's a studio recording of your kids singing a song just for her. (Okay, maybe that last one is asking for a lot, but you get the idea.)

5. Something that makes us feel like you think we're incredibly deserving of a break. Maybe it's a day at the spa, maybe it's a personal chef for a week, maybe it's a month-long tropical getaway with her girlfriends. (Okay, maybe that last one is asking for a lot, but you get the idea.)

Happy shopping, boys!!

Ladies, what do you REALLY want for Christmas from your man?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Replies (11-14):
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I would REALLY like Channing Tatum for Christmas. SO tells me that won't happen though. :P

I already know what two of my gifts are this year. A new crock pot & a sewing machine. It makes me really happy because he actually came up with the ideas all by himself. Which never happens. And they are both items that I am SUPER excited about! :)

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I want him to be home, but that's not going to happen. It would be really nice though, if he would listen to me about things and get me something with blue topaz in it >.< I love a good diamond thing, but that blue topaz is my absolute favorite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM

My husband always gets me the best gifts. lol

toybar02
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM
another baby lol, seriously i want more babies, but if its a store bought gift it would be a vacation or a day at the spa
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)