Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I need some help with Christmas ideas

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 16 Replies

Last year for Christmas I bought my husband a big freaking TV, for our bedroom. I always said I wouldn't put one in there but he wanted it bad enough I got it for him. Wall mounts, had cable hooked up before Christmas Day, had every wire and cable and box he needed, only thing he had to do was find his TV. I wrapped the key to my friends house where the TV was being stored so he wouldn't find it. It was awesome. He was so excited and loved his present. Still loves his present. I'm still not horribly find of it, but that's why it's for him not me. 

I'm at a loss this year, I have gone over and over things to get him. I can't figure out anything. I've thought about season tickets to his favorite team, felt that one out and he wouldn't use them. I thought about a radio for his car, he likes the quiet. Everything I've come up with either he won't use or won't like. I need help, any ideas. What are you doing for your SO?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM

My dh is sitting next to me so...

Maybe your dh would like a new blu ray player, or ipod, maybe new golf clubs, a new digital video camera, ??

momin2004
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I am getting my husband a new big tool box. He is going to love it as the one he has now is falling apart and he uses it all the time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomtoLou
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Thank you, I don't know much about blue ray players. He got one last year with his TV, have they changed enough in a year that a new one would be better? 

His damn brother has bought him two iPods, my children claim them cause my DH doesn't care about them. 

I wish he golfed because I would totally do golf clubs this year. His only hobby is soccer, my kids are getting him a team jersey and a new set of goals. And we have about 50 balls of various sizes around the house and in the car. (This is one of my.... (Sarcasm) favorite things)

I bought him a video camera about 3years ago. I'm a photographer and always have my camera with me, he never used the video camera once :( I thought since I took still pictures he would enjoy a video camera... I was wrong. 

To make matters worse he's not one of those people who give you helpful ideas about presents. No hint dropping, no clues left behind anywhere. I just get to figure it out each year. Yea me.

Quoting goddess99:

Maybe your dh would like a new blu ray player, or ipod, maybe new golf clubs, a new digital video camera, ??

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM
How about tickets to a soccer game?
MomtoLou
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I love that idea. I love it so much, it's what my dad is buying me for Christmas. LLolita don't have a typical husband. I bet yours will love his gift though if he uses it all the time.

Quoting momin2004:

I am getting my husband a new big tool box. He is going to love it as the one he has now is falling apart and he uses it all the time

MomtoLou
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I know we just ended one season, I wanted to get him season tickets for the next season, but when I brought up needing his help finding good seats, it was a huge fit of how they would never get used. Maybe I can just find a couple games though vs season tickets.

thanks.

Quoting edelweiss23:

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Try eBay.
I always get good seats for baseball games from people who get seasons tickets, but can't make it to all games.

Quoting MomtoLou:

I know we just ended one season, I wanted to get him season tickets for the next season, but when I brought up needing his help finding good seats, it was a huge fit of how they would never get used. Maybe I can just find a couple games though vs season tickets.

thanks.

Quoting edelweiss23:

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Nope no need to get him a blu ray player. Maybe new movies or video games. My dh said a "track day" Idk if they have it in American, but you go to a race track and get the keys to a fast car and you do laps. This is obviously a guy thing.

Quoting MomtoLou:

Thank you, I don't know much about blue ray players. He got one last year with his TV, have they changed enough in a year that a new one would be better? 

His damn brother has bought him two iPods, my children claim them cause my DH doesn't care about them. 

I wish he golfed because I would totally do golf clubs this year. His only hobby is soccer, my kids are getting him a team jersey and a new set of goals. And we have about 50 balls of various sizes around the house and in the car. (This is one of my.... (Sarcasm) favorite things)

I bought him a video camera about 3years ago. I'm a photographer and always have my camera with me, he never used the video camera once :( I thought since I took still pictures he would enjoy a video camera... I was wrong. 

To make matters worse he's not one of those people who give you helpful ideas about presents. No hint dropping, no clues left behind anywhere. I just get to figure it out each year. Yea me.

Quoting goddess99:

MomtoLou
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a fantastic idea I think they do that out in the dessert west of where we live. Thanks

Quoting goddess99:

Nope no need to get him a blu ray player. Maybe new movies or video games. My dh said a "track day" Idk if they have it in American, but you go to a race track and get the keys to a fast car and you do laps. This is obviously a guy thing.

Quoting MomtoLou:

Quoting goddess99:

MomtoLou
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I hadn't thought of eBay. That's a great place to look. Thanks.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Try eBay.
I always get good seats for baseball games from people who get seasons tickets, but can't make it to all games.

Quoting MomtoLou:

thanks.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN