Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So frusturated with everything!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

I graduated with my Bachelors in Health Care Administration Management a little over a month ago. I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years. I used to love it. Then i started school in 2007. Got my associates in 2009, went back to school in 2010 and graduated.

The first couple of weeks were fine i was so happy that I had finally done it. But now I am going crazy and am just getting so frusturated. I have applied for job after job, even applying at McDonalds :( Absolutly nothing! I knew I wasn't going to get into a management position right away but figured I would at least be able to get in as a schedular or receptionists, but nope!

I am getting so depressed and lazy, most days I don't even get dressed. My house has become such a pigsty because I don't want to or even have the energy to clean it. As well as I am sick and tired of picking up after everyone else every single day.

Even hobbies I used to enjoy doing such as baking and cross stitch don't give me much pleasure. I am at a loss of what to do and how to dig myself out of this rut.

Does anyone have any ideas?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM

BUMP maybe someone who has been in your situation can help you more than I can. I've never been depressed and let my house go before so my 1st thought was to clean lol. Looking for work can be an exhausting full time job in it's self. Hopefully something turns up soon. Good luck.

saraewhite
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Thank you! I am not one that lets my house go completly to the dogs, but lately even keeping things picked up and looking descent seems like a task that I just can't complete.

Quoting goddess99:

BUMP maybe someone who has been in your situation can help you more than I can. I've never been depressed and let my house go before so my 1st thought was to clean lol. Looking for work can be an exhausting full time job in it's self. Hopefully something turns up soon. Good luck.

angirose
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Dear Sarawhite,

I do simpathize with you. I have been a stay at home mom for many years, and also a stay at home nurse for my little guy who was born disabled. Now that he is able to be more functional on his own and is at school during the day i am egger to get back to the work force.

Maybe just try to slap yourself out of your funk. I go thru it often where i get into a funk. It doesnt help that i have OCD. The OCD takes over often and when you have it it can take up so much time.

I smack myself out of the funk by focusing on something that i really want to achieve. If a job is what you want get up everyday and dress as tho you are going to work and put in at least 4 apps a day. Maybe not even where you would really want to work but just for the pure fact of doing it. Keep yourself occupied by "job searching"...maybe change it into "window shopping". Or volunteer at a place where you would enjoy to be? Pet shelter if you like pets?? The work isnt hard and it gets you out of the house?? Just some sudjestions. I do a lot of window shopping and cleaning...(because thats what my ODC does to me...lol)....I wish you luck and hope you get out of your funk soon.

Ang

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Your depressed hun. Have a talk with your doctor.

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN