Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

First Time Mommy Question

Posted by   + Show Post
OK so my little sprout turned 10 months have NO teeth and drinks formula like water. so I get the all clear to start giving her solid mashed food.

now they're giving me the PROFESSIONAL version as to what to feed her.

Question: what foods did YOU guys feed your sunflower seeds? Name brands and all?

On a side note: Please excuse my punctuation and grammar. I'm on my phone (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Replies (11-12):
KLove_Mom
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

All 3 of my kids got their first teeth at 11 or 12 months... so I remember that...

But they ate a lot of different things, soft, and in small pieces. JUST BE SURE to only give one new food in a couple of days so if there's an allergic reaction you will know what it is. And and allergy doesn't always show right away or on the first ingestion. Sometimes it's a buildup, or having it the second time.

Scrambled eggs for example are great infant finger food... my toothless twins ate them several times a week, but then their younger sister broke out badly immediately from eating them at 10 months old.

Also try... small pieces of bread, baked apples, kidney or pinto beans, green beans (my kids still eat these like french fries, with their hands), boiled or oven roasted potatoes (cause the mush up in their mouth), chunked sweet potatoes, blueberries

You can also puree soups and pastas in a blender or food processor to make sure the chunks are small enough, and then spoon feed them. 

Oh, and baby carrots are great teethers when they do start teething.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I made my own. I used wholesomebabyfoods.com as a reference, it has an age chart and recipes etc :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)