Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

being a mom is hard...

Posted by   + Show Post

Girl gets pregnant at 23: people say "she's too young to have a baby"
Girl gets pregnant at 35: "she is risking her baby's health"
Girl considers abortion: "babykiller"
Girl considers adoption: "can't believe she's just going to give her baby away"
Girl keeps baby: "how's she going to afford that baby"
Girl gets welfare: "lazy bitch"
Girl gets job: "how can she stand to be away from her baby all day like that"
Girl becomes SAHM: "she probably doesn't do anything all day"
Girl stops hanging out with friends: "she totally changed when she had that baby"
Girl goes out: "she's always partying"
Girl wants to leave crappy bf: "nobody knows what it means to work things out anymore"
Girl wants to stay with crappy bf: "she's dumb"
Girl eats burger: "fat ass"
Girl eats salad: "must be one of those anorexic health nuts"
Girl is overprotective of her child: "you're acting like a psycho"
Girl lets her child play without her: "where is this kid's mom"
Girl spanks her kid: "call CPS"
Girl refuses to spank: "her kids are gonna be such brats"

No matter what you do, people will talk.
So do what is best for YOU & your baby, not other people.

Karen aka Carebear

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
DixieFlower
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I can say the only one of these that I've had said to me is something similar to the one about refusing to spank. To which I really don't care. I know what's best for my children and I will do it.

toybar02
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM
i love love love this
bbyB10
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Awesome ;)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WonderWomanSV
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

yes, yes, yes, yes!!! I totally agree with this! I'm a single mom going to school full time. my son's biological father has never even met lo. I get ragged on for not working AND going to school full time AND being a mom to my lo. Oh and keep in mind the state WILL NOT pay for daycare for moms going to COLLEGE- I've tried doing both but I like making dean's list and I love being with my son even though it means being broke as $h!t. I've finally learned that people will always have something ignorant to say, especially if they have never had to face the kind of choices a mom faces every day. Love this post!

Really! That's ridiculous!

BabyFetus Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM

LOVE this. 

Mama_Gillogley
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

oh yes, yes it is. haha. i'm not gonna let the system choose my class and i refuse to let stratification confine me to my income level- i'm a smart, resilliant cookie and i'm gonna bust my bootie to become a nurse and make BANK so I can help out other single mamas who want to better their lives, future and education.

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

yes, yes, yes, yes!!! I totally agree with this! I'm a single mom going to school full time. my son's biological father has never even met lo. I get ragged on for not working AND going to school full time AND being a mom to my lo. Oh and keep in mind the state WILL NOT pay for daycare for moms going to COLLEGE- I've tried doing both but I like making dean's list and I love being with my son even though it means being broke as $h!t. I've finally learned that people will always have something ignorant to say, especially if they have never had to face the kind of choices a mom faces every day. Love this post!

WonderWomanSV
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You rock mama!

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

oh yes, yes it is. haha. i'm not gonna let the system choose my class and i refuse to let stratification confine me to my income level- i'm a smart, resilliant cookie and i'm gonna bust my bootie to become a nurse and make BANK so I can help out other single mamas who want to better their lives, future and education.

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah that sucks not being able to get help with childcare while youre in school. I tried doing both working and going to school. It didnt last long..

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM
LOVE this post! Did you post it in any other group? Just curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you!!

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)