Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Pre-baby body compared to post- baby

Posted by   + Show Post
Does anyone like their body more since having kids? You always hear about how everyone hates what having a baby has done to them but never about how they love it! I personally think I look better now than before my son!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
JackieGirl007
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya, I got hips! Love my curves;)

lifesadream83
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I have to say I liked my body post baby #1 very much.  At least after I lost the weight.  I was smaller then before but I had hips and boobs!   However, It has been 8 years since dd1 and I am prego with dd2 now... so we will see in a year if I feel the same after this one!  

lifesadream83
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Quoting bbyB10:

I'm 25 lbs over weight , and it had been 8 years since my last baby , so I don't love it

I am 8 years post first child.  It took me 3 years and a ton of plateu's in my workout and diet routine to lose the 47lbs I gained with her (the last 15 took the longest).  When I did I was HOTT! LOL... Now I am on # 2 who does that anyway gets pregnant 8 years later... Anyway I am 40 weeks and counting and I have gained 40lbs!  I learned a lot from losing the weight the first time so I should not have as many obstacles.  Although the main one will be that my matabolism is 8 years older LOL!  

You can do it though if you want to.  Honestly I was workingout for 2 hours a day, barely eating and making no progress.  I started lifting versus doing tons of cardio and doing weight watchers (the old way) and it melted off.  I was the youngest person doing weight watchers LOL.  Luckily they had a group in the office I worked at so I never actually had to go anywhere we all just met for our lunch break.  It was awesome :)  So baby at 21 got my body back by the time I was 25 and now I have lost it again and I am nearly 30 and hubby wants more so hopefully I can do it much less time this time around!

SammKaiden
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM

18 months later and that last 30 pounds just refuses to give up and let me get rid of it. I don't hate it but it'd be nice to look how I did before.

Schleetle
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I love my body. I exercise a lot more now so in a lot of ways I like it more.
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I like my body better now than before I got preg with ds. It took me 3 1/2 yrs (since ds was born) to go from 230lbs in a size 20, to 150(ish)lbs in a size 6. Granted it isn't going to last much longer (im almost 10 weeks), but I still like it. This time around, im laying off the pizza and eating more salads. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommylizTB2809
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I only have one child but def like my body after my daughter was born. :)

supermomz25
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I'm not super thrilled. before I was a size 0. now I am a size 7 (which I am happy about) but I am up about 25lbs and I have that "pooch" that is just taking way too long to go away. mind you I have had 3 kids, so I know these things take time, but still. I'm just very impatient.

bbyB10
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Me ! LOL I had my first 2 as a teen and I had my baby last Oct. At 30 years old

Quoting lifesadream83:

Quoting bbyB10:

I'm 25 lbs over weight , and it had been 8 years since my last baby , so I don't love it

I am 8 years post first child.  It took me 3 years and a ton of plateu's in my workout and diet routine to lose the 47lbs I gained with her (the last 15 took the longest).  When I did I was HOTT! LOL... Now I am on # 2 who does that anyway gets pregnant 8 years later... Anyway I am 40 weeks and counting and I have gained 40lbs!  I learned a lot from losing the weight the first time so I should not have as many obstacles.  Although the main one will be that my matabolism is 8 years older LOL!  

You can do it though if you want to.  Honestly I was workingout for 2 hours a day, barely eating and making no progress.  I started lifting versus doing tons of cardio and doing weight watchers (the old way) and it melted off.  I was the youngest person doing weight watchers LOL.  Luckily they had a group in the office I worked at so I never actually had to go anywhere we all just met for our lunch break.  It was awesome :)  So baby at 21 got my body back by the time I was 25 and now I have lost it again and I am nearly 30 and hubby wants more so hopefully I can do it much less time this time around!

lifesadream83
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Quoting bbyB10:

Me ! LOL I had my first 2 as a teen and I had my baby last Oct. At 30 years old

Quoting lifesadream83:

Quoting bbyB10:

Please tell me there is hope for all this weight to come off! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)