Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Annoyed....

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

I swear, sometimes I just wanna slap my hubby. >.> He expects me to pretty much do everything wit h our baby, feed him and change him and hold him when he's fussy, and then gets mad at me when I don't have the energy for sex. And when he does, I'm just sitting there thinking..."Well, maybe if you would help me out every once in a while...maybe, I wouldn't be so damn tired!" He does help out...occasionally. He's changed a total of five or ten diapers since our son was born...and he's almost six months old. Okay, granted, he cannot help feed the baby because he's EBF but there is a lot of other stuff he could do to help.

For example, the other night I wanted to take a nice hot relaxing shower because I had a headache. I told hubby this and low and behold, five minutes later hubbby brought the baby in there because "he was crying" so I had to strip him and bring him in  the shower with me. And trying to shower with an almost 15 pound baby in your arms!!

Sorry this was so long, I just felt like I needed to rant. The hubby is also too "busy" sleeping, on the video game, or on the computer to hold him. I told him the other day that is the reason he prefers mommy because I'm the one always holding him. Hell, his brothers hold our son more than he does!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
audreesmama
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

That's a crappy hubby and dad, imo. Does he know you feel this way?

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yep, I've told him and told and told him. Now, I'm not saying he doesn't spend any time with his son. He plays with him and stuff. He just doesn't wanna hold him for too long because, as he puts it, "he's  too heavy and he wiggles too much."

CafeMom Tickers
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be annoyed too. You need your sleep and time to relax just as much as he does. Thats pretty damn selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

He needs to realize that he'll only get heavier, and more mobile, so his excuses are irrelevant. 

Hand-express or pump and go watch a movie. Turn off your phone. I would do it!!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Yep, I've told him and told and told him. Now, I'm not saying he doesn't spend any time with his son. He plays with him and stuff. He just doesn't wanna hold him for too long because, as he puts it, "he's  too heavy and he wiggles too much."

chikka2
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I know where your coming from!! My SO says hes "too tired" or "cant she play on the floor" instead of hold our daughter. It is so irritating!

toybar02
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
you gotta put your foot down hun, even if you go out for a walk, leave him with the baby and force him to deal with his son, he behaves like that because he knows you gonna take the baby and do everything, even if you gotta lock the bathroom door do what u gotta do, i been through all that and now we not together anymore, you dont need dead weight, either he gets it together or gets gone
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN