Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I don't know if I should as???

Posted by   + Show Post

My s/o pay child support and we have money put to the side so if his kids need money for sports or anything we have it and give it to them. So i have been thinking if i should ask my x (father of my 2 girls) if he could help pay for the girls dance. I do get child support.. NO i am not a money hungry bitch.. The girls love to go to dance class. and usually i dont need help with it unitl like now. When i need to have a down payment for their recital dresses. I have been trying different ways on asking him. A part of me doesn't want to ask him cause i know he will tell me..A) I give you cs B) dont i give you enough. Right now he lives in a diffferent state, but is plaining on moving back here to be closer to the girls...i was thinking about waiting till he moves back to ask... What would you ladies do?shrugging

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I'm always paying out of my pocket for most of their things.

Quoting Ms.Maaamaof2:

Just ask!

Child support is a fraction of a childs living expenses and does not include anything extra for a child to have an enjoyment, unless the custodial parent pays out of pocket.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2114
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:07 PM
What did he say
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM

well at first he said how much..and i said anything he could afford...then he said he didnt see why he couldnt...i dont care if its only 20 atleast he is helping.

Quoting Mommyof2114:

What did he say

Mommyof2114
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM
That's awesome!

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

well at first he said how much..and i said anything he could afford...then he said he didnt see why he couldnt...i dont care if its only 20 atleast he is helping.

Quoting Mommyof2114:

What did he say

arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

but we will see the end of jan if i get anything the next payment for dance is due in feb... or i will get well  i thought i could but i didnt have enough...i hope he prove me wrong..

Quoting Mommyof2114:

That's awesome!

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

Quoting Mommyof2114:

What did he say

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM

You must have caught him in a good mood. I'm happy for you!

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

ok so i asked him and he shocked me. 1st he asked how much and i said whatever he can give me.. then he said he doesnt see why no. i fell on the floor..

Mommyof2114
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I hope he does what he needs to do :) ugh... Men! Lol...

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

but we will see the end of jan if i get anything the next payment for dance is due in feb... or i will get well  i thought i could but i didnt have enough...i hope he prove me wrong..

Quoting Mommyof2114:

That's awesome!

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

Quoting Mommyof2114:

What did he say

Venae
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Mine won't give anything extra - he even is claiming he overpaid two months (a year ago so) we get nothing while he fights us over a few hundred dollars - spending thousands on an attorney to do so.  Fucking idiot.

Cher53
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Exactly in just these words and don't take no for a answer you didn't get yourself pregnant Mama...

Quoting savannahmom2011:

Just ask him straight up money has become tight for our family and the girls wanna do dance can help pay half of it

SarahT1987
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Ask him...I'm sure he will give

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN