Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 13 Replies
my son is 1 years old, and he has very painful bowel movements to the point where hes screaming from the pain and he bleeds when he poops, i dont understand why his poop comes out so hard because i feed him soft food, any ideas or tips to help him, i hate seeing him in pain, thanks in advance
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicole0709442
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_5496642_soften-stools-using-natural-remedies.html

maybe this site will help!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Call the Dr and make an Appt.

toybar02
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
thank you both, im gonna do both, make the doctors appointment and check out that website
Kathyw27
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I would try to give him a lot more water during the day, not only will it increase his peeing, but it will help soften his poop too. You could also try puting just A FEW DROPS of Karo syrup in something like a drink or oatmeal...this is a natural laxative and works wonders!! I know its hard to see your little guy in pain, but you have to remember to try to not get upset because he feels it when you do and that will keep him calm and might help relax the bowls a little. Good luck...hope it starts to work out for him and you!!

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Try fruit juice and adding more fiber to his diet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toybar02
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:15 AM
kathyw27 you mean the clear karo syrup [ corn syrup], and i get very upset because he can be playing then he starts screaming and shaking trying to push and i dont expect it , hes been sleep and he does the same thing, it scares me badly
Bek22
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM
My daughter had same problem at that age. Pediatrician said to use Karo syrup in juice or water and it worked wonders! Definitely ask yours first.
queenwalker89
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Karo syrup and a high fibar diet my Son is on it
BeautyFull
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
How old is he? Had the same problem with my first son, I found out the milk I was giving him had to much iron. I gave him the Karo syrup ang change to no iron milk.
Cher53
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I know we went through this with Amanda at the same age, we gave her karo syrup and high fiber diet she was just fine. We also had to change her formula to much iron..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)