Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My xh and I have several different ways of parenting our 7 yr old. In short terms my xh is content in treating our son like he is 2yrs old. Most of the time I don't step in about the way he patents at his home. Because he does pay the price of his ways. For instant my son acts out often. Exspects certain things. Doesn't listen and just walks all over his father. I on the other hand have a lot of expectations for my son. Such as mining his manners. Earning what he gets. School work is a must! Chores and please and thank yous.
The one thing I am really concerned with that his father allows is the sleeping arrangements. I know the laws and what they state. But I am
Interested in your thoughts on the subject.
Here at my home. My son has his own room and his own bed. His room is literally ten feet away from mine. And he always sleeps in his own bed. We leave both doors open thru the night.
At his fathers he has always slept with his father. Until recently where his father got him a single to put beside his fathers bed in the same room. Only because he has a new gf. Mind you the house they are in is a two bedroom but this was his solution to my son telling him "he gets scared and lonely" ....
At my home I cuddle my son to sleep and he is fine with being alone.
What are your thoughts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Replies (21-26):
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree, and dealt with exactly this during the summer. Its bad enough he sleeps in bed with his dad. (My main issue with that is that he has a LOT of sleep problems once he gets back home.) But when he told me his dads then girlfriend stayed over a few times and slept in the same bed that just makes it worse. Idk.. I guess it just weirds me out that he lets some strange woman sleep in bed with my child. Maybe it would be less weird if he ever kept a girlfriend for more than a few months. Thats a whole new subject though lol.

Quoting Janet:

Not with a girl friend, NO WAY! I would be upset.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:22 AM
I think every situation is different and you have to do whats best for your child. have you asked your son his opinion? But in regards to him sleeping in the same room with the dad and gf I think that is wrong and find it hard to believe that adult stuff don't happen while he's a sleep. But depending on the situation I don't see a problem with it if it was just his ad and it was a big bed.
Before my son got ill, he had his own room and own bed but on most nights he liked to sleep in my bed with me and the animals. I had a king size bed and he just felt safer in there. He also felt very lonely in his room. Also at the time we didn't have central air and my room had an ac so it was a lot cooler then his room in the summer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AroojOmer
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM
another room!!!!
timefor2
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM

He should have his own room.

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM

If he didnt have a gf, why not but with a gf he needs his own room.

angirose
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Would like to thank everyone for their opinions....:0) 

I hope you all have very Merry Christmas......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)