Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

protein in urine?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 8 Replies
I went to the hospital yesterday cause I was feeling dizy, having weird spotty vision & my face,hands and feet were swelling pretty bad.. Also my urine was very yellow and I wasn't going to the washroom as much.. And when I went there my blood work was fine, but they said I have protein in my urine and I have to go back tuesday for it to be checked again and if its still there/worse they have to deliver me.

I've looked up a few things on this but I'm not getting a awnser..

My question is:
Since there is protein in my urine already will it go away by tuesday?
And what causes it?

Ps, I'm 37 weeks 4 days.

Someone tell me your experiance?

(To the trolls: sorry for the spelling errors or what not.. On mobile. )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

We can't answer that.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM
You may be dehydrated, but protein in urine is a symptom of kidney malfunction, whatever the cause. Push the fluid, particularly water!
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I had the Swelling and High BP for about 2 weeks at 37&38 weeks. When I hit 39 I got the Protein in my urine and they induced me 3 days later. Good luck to you Mama!! 

Wifey to Mat, Mommy to Beautiful Payten and 4 Sweet Angel babies

Starry412
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Look up Pre-clampisa or Toxcima it may not be spelled that way but I am very sure you have that because I had it with my first and had to do an emergency c-section at 34 wks. My baby was fine just very early. If you want to talk about it inbox me.

ccmdlove
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Around 35 weeks I started with swelling and felt dizzy.  They took my blood pressure which was high. They diagnosed me with hypertension.   I had to be put on bedrest.  The bedrest helped and I ended up having my son at 39 weeks.  But if I didn't go into labor on my own they would have induced me or c section because the day I had contractions there was protein in my urine which was the beginning of preeclampsia.  But this is just my experience.  Your doctors know what is good for you. Good Luck!!!!

momtoBrenna
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

It really depends on the amount of protein. Trace to plus 1 is normal in pregnancy but higher than that couples with your other symptoms is likely preeclampsia. Your baby will be fine being born at 37-38 weeks. Be careful and if you add abdominal pain to your symptoms, go back in ASAP!

noahscott
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

There may be some because you are so far along in your pregnancy but it sounds like you are either dehydrated (drink water only and about a gallon a day) or you have high blood pressure which could lead to preeclampsia. At this point your baby will be fine if you need to be delivered. Did they check your Blood pressure?

toddler boy  baby boy
                                                 Noah Scott    Carrick Allen
                               7-1-07           2-2-11

LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Wednesday at 11:56 PM
by Maranda on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

When I was pregnant with my middle son, I had the same symptoms you described. I had protein in my urine and they monitored my levels for about two weeks. I had to collect all urine for 24 hours to have it tested, then do it again a few days later and whatnot. They told me that as long as my levels didn't increase, I was fine.

Sadly, mine did and I ended up being induced for pre-eclampsia. Thankfully, I was 38 weeks at that point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)