Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Just introducing myself...

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi, my name is Darla, and I have just joined this group.  I have been on cm for quite awhile.

I am a grad student, finishing my master's in marriage & family therapy. I'm in the process of transitioning to a new career specializing in Child Therapy, and I'm counseling elementary school children gaining hours towards graduation and licensure.  I love kids!   And I also am an animal lover, and foster puppies/dogs for a local all-breed K-9 rescue group.  My biggest goal is to keep joy in my life everyday, and to go through each day with appreciation, smiles, and laughter.  I strive to remain flexible and keep learning no matter how old I get.

I have 2 daughters.  My oldest is almost 28, married and has 1 daughter.  So I'm a Grandma to a beautiful and brilliant 7-yr-old.  My youngest is 18 and off at college 400 miles away.  

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome to the group! I'm Janet. I love kids and animals too. You should be proud of all you have accomplished!

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi welcome to the group.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!!!
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!!!  Happy you joined us!

LivinDeadGurl
So busy lately, I am damned near falling asleep sitting up. I think a nap is in order.
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
by Maranda on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

DarlaHood
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Thank you everyone for the welcomes!

LilAsMom526
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Wow you go lady!! :] you must be so proud of yourself and your kids and also enjoying being a grandma! im elisha! welcome to the group! Congrats on your success! And I love animals too! My sister Eva rescued two dogs actually 3 dogs I believe. So cool you do that for animals! I have a 2.5 year old named Anthony! :] I love kids!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN