Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
  • 120 Replies

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BDHRZsMOM
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM
11 moms liked this

I do not agree at all! I believe you live for you not others! If you like what you ware and feel comfortable GO FOR IT!simple smile

ONA7DAY
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:05 AM
14 moms liked this

Fashion shouldn't be limited to anyone. Life is short wear what makes you happy.

Join us @ The Mommy Club on Cafemom!

momcat437
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM
7 moms liked this

I'm one of those "older" women and I have no intention of giving up my lipstick!  Or knee high boots (I live in Ohio and boots are a must--might as well be stylish, too!)--I do draw the line at skinny jeans (I may hurt myself) and short anythings (too scary)--I may be old but I'm not dead!! AND they'll have to shoot me before I give up my Loreal Preference!! ; )

Traci_Momof2
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't think it's right to determine that for others, or across the board for all people.  I have determined for myself that I am too old for mini-skirts.  I've also never been a huge fan of stilleto heels.  I try to avoid clothing that seems geared towards the young 20-something crowd.  But that's my rules for myself.  That's just part of my style.

What it really comes down to is each person knowing what looks good on them and, more importantly, knowing what doesn't look good on them.  It's about wearing what looks good on you and avoiding what doesn't look good on you.  But that concept can be really difficult for some people to master.  The mirror can be quite deceiving sometimes.  I find that taking a photograph of myself and looking at the photograph really gives me a better idea of what looks good and what doesn't.

alc4evermom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't agree!!!!  Not at all.  I'll always wear make up and indulge in girlish behaviors!!!  When I get old I'll still get my hair done but the difference between me now, and me then is that I'll start wearing novelty sweaters!!!

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree
(but Psssst it's wear not ware, sorry to correct)

Quoting BDHRZsMOM:

I do not agree at all! I believe you live for you not others! If you like what you ware and feel comfortable GO FOR IT!simple smile

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meloney413
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this

mmm somewhat i honestly dont want to see a granny in a mini skirt because i believe women of that age should be sophisticated & i dont see why they wouldnt want to dress that way, at least thats how id want to dress * .

jennie2263
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I think it should be more of  "Honey your too young to wear that" lol I have seen young girls (9-10 year olds) wearing mini skirts with no leggings and low cut tops. I have  a 9 year old and she has to wear legging or cart wheel shorts under her skirts when they are shorter. Just my opinion though.

jillian_G1
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Can I have a hot peppermint mocha latte, please!! I disagree; women should wear what they feel comfortable in. But for me; myself, I do not wear mini skirts. I don't wear lipstick either, just lipliners and lip gloss. I do wear heels but only occasionally. I live in oklahoma and it can get cold here, so yes; I wear boots.holding ornaments

wishbearmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM
5 moms liked this

If you've still got it, flaunt it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN