Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (101-110):
LittleBirdFly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I think noone should get an artificial tan, 99% of the time it just looks very very bad no matter how old you are.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

artificial tans

SarahT1987
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I will wear whatever I want till my time to go....I m recommending the same thing to others too...Age has nothing to do with makeups....Be modernwink

Jadegirl1819
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Personally, I think that once you are in your 30's you should stop with the mini skirts and tight clothes because they make you look older and desperate for a man or desperate to be 20 again. =)  Fake nails don't look good on anyone but why would people need to give up lipstick?  .

yankeefan828
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I don't think mini skirts look good on anyone to be honest. Buy if you look good for your age you can pass with short shorts or a short dress. Baseball cap you should only wear that at a ball game if if you are trying to hide your face. Spray tans nope nit in anyone!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ali5683
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

You don't already know the answer to that question?! Really?

I don't want to see fat rolls, vericose veins and cellulite. It's disgusting! In my opinion, fat people should not wear anything that shows these unless it's at home.

Quoting Janet:

Why shouldn't "fat" people wear shorts or a skirt?

Quoting Ali5683:

Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing, shorts, skirts, tank tops or clothes too small for them. It's disgusting. I don't enjoy seeing butt cracks and side boob on a fat chick. Wear clothing that fits your body shape.

But I don't see why an age group would have anything to do with it unless it was provocative clothing on an old lady. I don't want to see hanging boobs. lol

mammajigglypuff
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

the only one I agree with is the mini-skirts. Yea some women that age still look good in them(J-Lo) but most look scary.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I think it just depends on what make you look your best.

theakaneko
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I don't agree, but I do think that people have to be conscious about how their appearance may look to others. Personally, I'm in my 20s and think the mini-miniskirts should be banned (cuz no one wants to see the underside of your butt, honey), but to determine that makeup wearing should be fazed out when you get older is a little silly. After all, if it makes them more comfortable to wear what they want to And they look and feel good in their style, why not?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Not all overweight people have these things. Shame on you! All ladies should dress like ladies. You never know one day you could gain weight. Never say never, everyone does!

Quoting Ali5683:

I don't want to see fat rolls, vericose veins and cellulite. It's disgusting! In my opinion, fat people should not wear anything that shows these unless it's at home.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Ali5683:

Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing, shorts, skirts, tank tops or clothes too small for them. It's disgusting. I don't enjoy seeing butt cracks and side boob on a fat chick. Wear clothing that fits your body shape.

But I don't see why an age group would have anything to do with it unless it was provocative clothing on an old lady. I don't want to see hanging boobs. lol

Ali5683
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I am overweight. Not by much but I still can't get away with wearing a mini skirt and belly shirt. There are some things that are inappropriate for overweight/fat/obese people to wear. Bottom line.

If you're overweight/fat/obese, dress appropriately. That's my point.

Quoting Janet:

Not all overweight people have these things. Shame on you! All ladies should dress like ladies. You never know one day you could gain weight. Never say never, everyone does!

Quoting Ali5683:

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Ali5683:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)