Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
bahamamama61
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I would like to have an Iced Tea, Please! And I think people should wear what they want! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DianeLN
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I'm ready for these silver unitards that sci fi movies all show us wearing in the future and to be done talking and worrying about clothes :P 9 times out of 10 my 2-year-old daughter looks better than me anyway :D

DianeLN
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I second the baseball cap comment! How else are you supposed to support your kids (or grandkids for that matter) at their sporting events :P

Quoting mickstinator:

What is wrong with baseball caps? I didn't know that was a young thing...

I definitely think women should dress appropriately for their age/place in life. I am purposefully modest because I'm a wife and mom. When I'm old and not holding up as well, I imagine I'll lose my skinny jeans, too. I doubt I'll want to go through all the rigmarole anyway by that time. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Here you go!

Quoting bahamamama61:

I would like to have an Iced Tea, Please! And I think people should wear what they want! :)

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Thank you

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

As much as I LOVE an upside down caramel macchiato, google images does not, so I have improvised!!

Enjoy. :)

Quoting mmtosam06:

I would like a Hot upside down caramel macchiato and I disagree with the survey. you live for you not to please others. So what if someone gets offended that's their problem not yours

Stephanie nice to meet you.
DianeLN
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM

This :)

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Good thing I don't listen to the general population about what they think. Because as far as I am concerned they really do not matter. 

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha... because tattoos magically go away once you hit a certain age, right?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww so no skinny jeans once you are like 70? :p

Quoting mickstinator:

What is wrong with baseball caps? I didn't know that was a young thing...

I definitely think women should dress appropriately for their age/place in life. I am purposefully modest because I'm a wife and mom. When I'm old and not holding up as well, I imagine I'll lose my skinny jeans, too. I doubt I'll want to go through all the rigmarole anyway by that time. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keva1990
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Frankly, I am tired of women being told how they should and shouldn't look. ;)

ZsMommy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 43 and to me it's more a matter of "how" you wear it,not what you wear.

Give up lipstick? Hell no,just tone down the shade. Certain colors become too brash as one ages (60+)

Artificial nail? While I personally do not wear them,once again,merely go for a moderate,more flattering length rather then "ghetto" long length once you get older.

Skin tight clothes? Okay-once you're out of your 20's or unless you're extremely physically fit or naturally slim...I personally am not a fan. Fine for those who want to continue to wear them-I just don't find them flattering beyond what I just stated.

Twenty years ago I would have thrown the "I'll wear what I want how long I want,don't give a dang how old,piss on you" type reply

20 years ahead...I feel if you are going with things perceived younger-then just do it in a tasteful way-not like you still shop in the Junior dept.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)